FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Relegation- Are We Staying Up

ak47deol

Welcome to the site wince (what a name, that's what I will be doing when the Gunners play Wigan tomorrow)

Some great first posts Mate! Stick around and get involved

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw something in today's performance that gave me some hope of staying up ,,

Love it!!!!! Supporting Villa isn't good for my health!!!! Or my marriage Bank balance Car Self respect :-)

listenining to the post match interview----i do,nt envisage much, if any experience being brought in,-- Lambo said Villa have skimmed relegation the last 2 seasons with experience,---and he is right,!

First Post! Hello everyone!

I wouldn't want to be Wigan having won the FA cup and still having to play 2 more matches in the same week. I think we have an advantage that Arsenal will still be chasing a CL place, will be rested (as will we) and that Wigan need to win. Although they nailed Man City, I think Wigan will be overconfident as they will think they are giant slayers, given they have just won a major trophy. However, on the other hand, Arsenal would be wise to look at the Man City match and learn from it not to underestimate Wigan.

If it does go to the last match with Wigan and us, then it will be nailbiting and terrifying and, in all fairness, if we fluff it and lose we will deserve to go down. It will be a sad day for the club but not the end of the world as increasingly the Prem, imho is an ill matched league with the divide between the super clubs and the smaller clubs (by smaller I mean clubs that are not not Manucityarseskipurs) meaning that the league seems to be all about 4 or 5 teams. Dont want Villa to go down but if we do, it will be our doing, not any of the clubs around us. If we stay (and I am confident we might) we need to take a long hard look at this season as 'good enough to stay up' is not something that we should aspire to. We need to sort the defence, stop relying on one man to score for us (as much as I love Benteke) and really reorganise how we approach the game. Luckily our squad has moments of sheer brilliance and I do think it is unfair we are where we are as in previous seasons we would have been safe.

But, it aint over till the fat lady sings and lets hope they are in good voice on Tues. Lets hope Wigan lose or draw so that next weekend can just be a good p*** up.

Lets remain positive and if we do go down, lets make next season a great one too. But it aint over yet!!

UTV!!!

Welcome Wince!!! Good first punt too!

I think when we look back at 2012/13 we can see a improving side, our form post Xmas is not relegation material and we have played some excellent football the later part of the season. There was times Vs Chelsea we looked very impressive. IF we go down it's for 2012 not 2013's performance.

if we stay up it's important the club doesn't get seduced by the big cheque books that may come knocking. This team next year will give most teams a good going over and better things will come to VP.

How many walked out of VP on Saturday thinking we did have a good game despite the lose? I did for sure.

i few astute signings to give us some plan b's and we'll have a productive 2013/14.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Well, I am a nervous Gunners fan for the day! As my name suggests, I shall be wincing at every oppurtunity and praying that Arsenal dont lose. All I can ask for! Shall look at result at 10 tonight. Have tomorrow off anyways!

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

the league could all be wound up tonight after the gunners game,

we may not have a worry on our hands left.

lets pray to god your right

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Not a chance we will go down! Wigan will lose to arsenal and Villa and Spurs will beat Sunderland! Saying that if wigan win tonight i will be worried LOL

Get well soon Petrov

I just hope Arsenal win tonight come on you Gunners.

a draw would do it. A draw!

Many mates of mine are saying that Wigan deserve to stay up and to a degree, yes. But not at the cost of the Villa. Dont want to p*** on the mood but if Wigan beat Arsenal, I reckon they will beat us (sensed a disturbance in the force) and we would have to rely on Sunderland losing.............Still not over as Spurs and the Gunners would still have all to play for but if gunners lose tonight, wouldnt that mean Spurs need to go for the win as a draw against sunderland wouldnt be enough on GD if Arsenal beat Newcastle.......if so, gives a glimmer of hope

BLOODY HATE THIS! LOL! Why couldnt we be safe weeks ago so stomaches didnt feel full of butterfiles!

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

I've never been worried.

From the first game, through the Nightmare at Christmas right up until the last game, I have remained positive.

Why?

Because I believe.

When we were struggling, Lambert kept faith in the players and the way we played. That in turn gave the players belief.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I've never been worried.

From the first game, through the Nightmare at Christmas right up until the last game, I have remained positive.

Why?

Because I believe.

When we were struggling, Lambert kept faith in the players and the way we played. That in turn gave the players belief.

+1 for me sir!

mzjj.jpg

Archived