FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Darren Bent (Loan To Fulham)

LaVillain

It's sour grapes on Bents part .

There must of been something that gave PL the impression that DB had no further part to play at Villa. Pl's judgement tends to be spot on.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There must of been something that gave PL the impression that DB had no further part to play at Villa. Pl's judgement tends to be spot on.
There was mate, sh*t performance from Bent on the pitch and the rise of a certain Mr Christian Benteke !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

In what way was he treated badly? We had 3 other players playing better than him in his position.

If he wants to play - you force your way into the team.

many reasons, covered in the article and on this forum. some think its acceptable I don't.

My heart bleeds for him, such a shame that he felt left out! Lambert manages these players and works with them day in day out, if he was treated badly then there is probably a very good reason for it, but you won't read it in the article as this is Bent's side of the story. Still I guess now that he is playing for a London club they'll be more opportunities for him to go shopping when he is injured or not selected.

My heart bleeds for him, such a shame that he felt left out! Lambert manages these players and works with them day in day out, if he was treated badly then there is probably a very good reason for it, but you won't read it in the article as this is Bent's side of the story. Still I guess now that he is playing for a London club they'll be more opportunities for him to go shopping when he is injured or not selected.
:clap: +1

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

He is lazy - and this actually somes him up as a man aswell. Why would you slate your parent club? Villa could quite easily force him to rot in his final year of his contract. What an absolute idiot. Another man who needs to take a good luck at himself and ask why he has been at so many clubs - always someone else isnt it. Actually expecting fans to feel sorry for him when he was getting paid £70k a week. His appearance and goal bonus's was probably bigger than Benteke's wage last season.

Agreed 100%

LOL at him thinking he will get into the WC squad. His loan is to Fulham not Man U.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

That's bents version......i'd love to hear lamberts. He lost his place because he isn't able to do what lambert needs and as he and the bomb squad are a huge drain on club resources and therefore a hindrance to lamberts rebuilding he wants them gone. The message from lambert is clear enough but none of them are prepared to take a pay cut to play elsewhere or bent would have gone weeks ago, hutton would be in spain and bannan would be at Blackburn, the fact none of them are speaks volumes about their priorities and justifies lamberts decision.

Agreed 100%

LOL at him thinking he will get into the WC squad. His loan is to Fulham not Man U.

At this point, Sturridge, Welbeck > Bent. Not even mentioning Rooney or Walcott.

Pipe dream if you ask me.

He is lazy - and this actually somes him up as a man aswell. Why would you slate your parent club? Villa could quite easily force him to rot in his final year of his contract. What an absolute idiot. Another man who needs to take a good luck at himself and ask why he has been at so many clubs - always someone else isnt it. Actually expecting fans to feel sorry for him when he was getting paid £70k a week. His appearance and goal bonus's was probably bigger than Benteke's wage last season.

Yup, people would be going absolutely barm pot crazy if this was a report from Ireland.

Bent may or may not do well at Fulham but the least he can do is respect the fact that lambert didn't feel he was what he needed at the club and also he should gracefully accept that he's not as good as benteke and lambert wouldn't play him just to keep him from having a strop.

Didn't he throw his dummy out like this at spuds when he was left out and sold on??

Oh and here it comes told you so lol. I said we should have sold him last summer and was hated for it lol.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

A bit harsh IMO.. Out of all the overpriced players we have he's the only one I'd have on the bench. Completely removing a fully fit proven goal scorer from the first team was bad management IMO. Not saying we should keep him long term but we should at least get our moneys worth by keeping as a plan B. An expensive plan b YES, but I would rather have him as a contingency for Benteke than our current options. I don't think he's lazy, he's just not a Benteke type of striker..

When we look back in years to come we will say he was the right player at the wrong time, as many of us have said before. Everything else is just politics..

Archived