FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Villa Manager - Thread 1

avstu

New Signings  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings do you think Martin O'Neill will make between now and the close of the transfer window?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more

whats wrong with big nose mick?

can think of worse people tbh...

not saying i want him but still think theres many more id like less

Lol yeah like David Cameronnn, Peirs Morgannn...

mzjj.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he didn't. James said that future signings were put on hold.

If you read him he says Holman deal is already done. I'm 99% sure you can't cancel a bosman deal

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Mick McCarthy is a good manager, I'd have him over AM in a heartbeat.

As for why are the board waiting, well I suspect they think sacking him now could cause huge unrest and cause us to definitely go down. Though it could also have the opposite effect and give the players a huge boost, but they don't want to take that risk. That is my thinking on it anyway.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Can't stand Mick is football is somewhat same as McLeish negative, defensive football. Also I think Mick lost the dressing room at Wolves, can't believe people are actually wanting him :( where's the ambition gone?

I HATE COV,

FROM RAISING OUR HOPES.... TO DESTROYING OUR CLUB = RANDY LERNER

Can't help but watch what Wigan have produced these last few weeks and wonder what we missed out on in Martinez.

He is no Guardiola, but look at the players he has at his disposal compared with ours, and its quite mind boggling the results they have achieved.

His team embody his philopsophy and trust in it 100%,

Tells you all you need to know about the trust our players have in AM.

No he didn't. James said that future signings were put on hold.

If you read him he says Holman deal is already done. I'm 99% sure you can't cancel a bosman deal

But as its a bosman signing he signs a pre-contract that can be cancelled?

mzjj.jpg

Can't help but watch what Wigan have produced these last few weeks and wonder what we missed out on in Martinez.

He is no Guardiola, but look at the players he has at his disposal compared with ours, and its quite mind boggling the results they have achieved.

His team embody his philopsophy and trust in it 100%,

Tells you all you need to know about the trust our players have in AM.

Too true, I get the feelin AM has never had the full backin of the dressin room. Hopefully, come the end of the season, we'll still be up an he'll be sacked.

Randys wallet must be twitchin with nerves right now...

The reason Wigan are getting results because Martinez does not shackle the team with too many defensive duties and they have caught big teams and teams playing well by surprise because they go at them and catch them cold like Newcastle today not only did they win but they disposed of them with ease and kept a clean sheet, we always look lacklustre, void of ideas and scared to attack!

AM needs to learn play to win, don't play not to lose simples!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Seeing some chatter about Van Gaal being lined up as the next manager. Just another name to discuss and add to the mix. Not managing now, so RL could be in contact.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Archived