FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Cup Games

richyd

Also say what you like about his signings he had a squad of players capable of pushing for the top 4 or did I dream this??

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun Maloney

Didier Agathe

Wayne Routledge

Moustapha Salifou

Curtis Davies

Zat Knight

Marlon Harewood

Nigel Reo-Coker (liked him buy 8.5m really?

Steve Sidwell

Nicky Shorey

Emile Heskey

Warnock

Thats just shows how poor some signings were

Shaun Maloney

Didier Agathe

Wayne Routledge

Moustapha Salifou

Curtis Davies

Zat Knight

Marlon Harewood

Nigel Reo-Coker (liked him buy 8.5m really?

Steve Sidwell

Nicky Shorey

Emile Heskey

Warnock

Thats just shows how poor some signings were

Most of these players would get into our squad today.

I've never said he didn't make some poor signings but a few of those were low cost signings so low risk and they didn't work out, that's exactly what some in here have been saying that AM should do next season.

Again, say what you like about moms signing he still mustered up a better squad than we had now and got them pushing for the top 4 so the players he got into the squad can't have been that bad or we wouldn't have finished 6th every season

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Most of these players would get into our squad today.

I've never said he didn't make some poor signings but a few of those were low cost signings so low risk and they didn't work out, that's exactly what some in here have been saying that AM should do next season.

Again, say what you like about moms signing he still mustered up a better squad than we had now and got them pushing for the top 4 so the players he got into the squad can't have been that bad or we wouldn't have finished 6th every season

Yeah mon is a good manager and did a good job for us just saying he spent alot of money on crap with some silly wages

Yeah mon is a good manager and did a good job for us just saying he spent alot of money on crap with some silly wages

I'll concede to his poor signings but the ways had nowt to do with him that's Lerner's fault for allowing those wages to be paid.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Ashley young

James Milner

Richard dunne was brilliant under MON as was Collins

Luke young has shown how good he was for us after you look at his position now

Brad friedel again a good keeper

Also do you think all this youth comig through now just sprouted up when MON left???

He would have had a hand in the development of these lads.

Part of the reason be left was the relecthance to do anything with the young kids. It is why they are all 22 now and have no experience.

As I have said many times. Blaming RL for misappropriated wages is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A good owner tells the football people what they can spend, both on fees and wages (wages are more important), and then the football people make the decisions. The football people, MON, made poor decisions regarding wages especially, and then he cut and ran when RL said we are going to need a couple years of no spending to get it under control.

That is the guy you support? The one that left the club in worse shape than he found it 5 days before the season began?

Anyway. Using your logic, all of the 6 good signings you can muster that MON made were actually made by RL, so all hail his brilliant transfer record.

Part of the reason be left was the relecthance to do anything with the young kids. It is why they are all 22 now and have no experience.

As I have said many times. Blaming RL for misappropriated wages is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A good owner tells the football people what they can spend, both on fees and wages (wages are more important), and then the football people make the decisions. The football people, MON, made poor decisions regarding wages especially, and then he cut and ran when RL said we are going to need a couple years of no spending to get it under control.

That is the guy you support? The one that left the club in worse shape than he found it 5 days before the season began?

Anyway. Using your logic, all of the 6 good signings you can muster that MON made were actually made by RL, so all hail his brilliant transfer record.

How's that using my logic, MON points out who and Lerner says how much, anyone who lets someone else have complete control over the finances of a club is an idiot. MON does not do the wages end of it's a non conversation, look up interviews with prem managers on these issues and they all say this is the main difference between managing a prem club and a championship club, in the prem you are left to manage the team and the money is done by the chairman or the chief exec. RL may not have chose how much can be paid for wages for individuals but he set an overall budget that's for sure and if that overall budget was not sustainable as has become apparent that's RL's fault and the wages paid to individuals is probably more PF's fault but Lerner hired a glorified bank manager to run the club so by default that's also his fault.

And the FACT that MON WON!!!!!! a constructive dismissal case proves that there's more to the story than MON throwing a fit and leaving.

Also was gabby not a youngster when MON took over o'deary only played him a couple times then sidelined him.

Young was a youngster

And albrighton was starting to get a look in at the end.

And at the point when MON was at Villa nobody could question RL's commitment to the club and yes ALL HAIL RANDY LERNER!!!!!!

Problem is that people change and randy Lerner has changed towards the villa.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watching the Spurs game, really hope Fabrice Muamba will be ok, Match might be called off.

In complete shock watching it. Doesn't sound good. Wish him the best and hopes he pulls through. You know it's serious when both sets of players and fans were in tears.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Archived