FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Goal Line Technology

LaVillain

No ..yu are spot on,, take out the controversy and the game will as yu say become sterile, Leave the game alone ,,it ain't broke so it don't need fixing IMO
And that's the view of a muppet,, so ignore it as I know nothing lol

funniest.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times in a season are there questions over whether balls have crossed the line or not? I don't think it's going to make much difference. Could be £250,000 spent on something that will never even be needed.

2426f5x.png

Dont think there is an argument worth listening to in all honesty that is against it happening in all honesty

Far far far to many incompetent refs and linesmen these days costing clubs money, table positions, wins, defeats etc etc with their unwillingness to attend specsavers on a regular basis

Get it in asap

Whacked over the back of the nut with a paddle....ooofffttt....see if you can swim now ya cu nt !!

It depends on how they set it up. It would have to be in an efficient system where a league official on the side reviews the tape then calls in the correct call to the match official. I wouldn't look forward to large stoppage times if it is a long process, takes away some of the excitement. I've seen NFL referees make the incorrect call even after they review the play, it happens surprisingly quite often.

Hawkeye is fine but it will be used once a year tops. The best idea i've seen is that a manager should have the right to challenge a refs decision 3 times per game. That would be far more effective than hawkeye as most issues could be resolved.

Some incidents even after examination from several angles are hard to call, in that case go with the refs original verdict but the blatent ones would be weeded out.

Personally I think the best system of technology (bar Hawkeye for goal line decisions) is a screen for the 4th official, whom can see live action replays and forward a decision to the ref as it happens, quick, easy, and they have mics as it is so they may aswell use them for something useful

mzjj.jpg

controversy is part of the game and i for one love it and would not change it for the world!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Even if it cost villa a cup or the league? Lol

You know what i mean even if you pretend not too! ;)

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived