FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Goal Line Technology

LaVillain

goal line technology should'nt slow the game up, but would it be worth the investment as instances like the qpr goal only happen a couple of times a season and would it be 100% reliable as things can go wrong with technology.

Something which may be better and would only cause minor disruption to the flow of a game would be to allow the manager to challenge a set amount of decisions per game.

Say he could dispute 3 per game, they have a monitor at pitchside where they can show an instant replay from any angle. Imagine a manager using one of his 3 chances to dispute a penalty decision and it turns out his player dived, he is going to be pissed off with that player. It could help prevent a lot of the cheating we see in the modern game.

Of course this will not help arsenal as wenger never see's anything. :whistling:

Idealistic i know but it could it work ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally like the debate that a bad decision can cause. These decisions create so many up and down moments that only football can create. May not go our way from time to time, but it feels great when you get that little bit of luck.

That late penalty against the blues a few seasons ago springs to mind ;).

We got fucked over at wembley in both games a couple of seasons ago, when if a manager could contest the decision there and then we could of had very differant outcomes.

And a couple more trophys in the cabinet.

I hate it when i feel we were cheated out of a result.

I understand not wanting challenges for fear it will slow down the game, but a simple sensor that tells if the ball went over the line or not would not slow the game at all.

Seems like a no brainier to me.

I understand not wanting challenges for fear it will slow down the game, but a simple sensor that tells if the ball went over the line or not would not slow the game at all.

Seems like a no brainier to me.

In quite a few cases the manager been able to question a decision would probably be quicker than the protests to the referee we now get when there is a dubious decision.

The ball over the line or not is something that seldom happens.

I really am torn, on one side i am thinking of all the wrongs that Refs have done to Villa over the years, but then i remember all the lucky breaks we also had over the years??

Controversy is part of the game and human error really stings when you are the injured party, but do you think this would make the game a little sterile and clinical?? maybe lose something that we really dont appreciate enough??

This is not science it is sport and its all in the game!!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I really am torn, on one side i am thinking of all the wrongs that Refs have done to Villa over the years, but then i remember all the lucky breaks we also had over the years??

Controversy is part of the game and human error really stings when you are the injured party, but do you think this would make the game a little sterile and clinical?? maybe lose something that we really dont appreciate enough??

This is not science it is sport and its all in the game!!

I think as long as it stays at goal line technology it's fine but If they start trying to give the teams opportunities to watch stuff back etc I wouldn't like that.

1 thing I would like to see though is retrospective yellow and red cards for players who cheat.

So if you dive in a game you get a yellow card after the game, do it again you get a red and a 1 match ban then it carries on so if you do it for a 3rd time it's a three match ban.

If your cheating resulted in someone else beig sent off their card is rescinded and the cheat gets a 3 match ban and a fine.

All this play acting (cheating) and hounding the refs needs to be stopped, god knows how many times you watch Chelsea and you sea terry going mental at the red f'in and blindin' and nothing gets done and he's supposed to Be their captain and a role model for children

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

All this play acting (cheating) and hounding the refs needs to be stopped, god knows how many times you watch Chelsea and you sea terry going mental at the red f'in and blindin' and nothing gets done and he's supposed to Be their captain and a role model for children

You raise a very good point regarding the introduction of video technology, if the goal line system is just a precursor to more Tech being used then it must also be used to stamp out the divers and cheats in the game

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

i think they should leave the game alone, weve lived with it for over 130 years there has been more than enough changes in english football to allready change the game beyoned recognition.

There is always room for improvement. It is an old sports adage that if you are not getting better, you are certainly getting worse, because no one stays the same. A sensor in the ball and sensors on the goal posts does not change the game at all.

Archived