FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Goal Line Technology

LaVillain

The only way it will be good is if it does not slow down play in anyway shape or form. I dont want football turning into a replay affair like our sports in this country.

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be good, line decisions in tennis can be seen within seconds of a call being made so all it will take is the forth official to be looking at anything that looks like its going over the line and the ref will be able to blow for the goal before the player who thinks he's scored has to stop celebrating.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

As Peever said, only objection could be that it might slow play.

I haven't heard how exactly it's intended to be used but that's probably because the decision hasn't been made. Would HawkEye only be used at a referee's discretion or would there be a system similar to the one in tennis? In football, I assume it'd be managers who made the calls challenging decisions. The other system under scrutiny doesn't even use cameras and doesn't seem as if it would slow play in any way. It involves some kind of sensors laid under the pitch and a chip in the ball. That leads to a band the ref wears vibrating or something if the ball crosses the line.

Think it'd be positive if they implement it properly as it should lead to greater consistency and fairness.

2426f5x.png

Simple goal line technology won't slow down play at all.

That is all its needed for, 10 seconds for someone upstairs to see if the ball is over the line or not. I think its an absolute farce that it is not already in. Top level football and we still see decisions like QPRs earlier?

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Simple goal line technology won't slow down play at all.

That is all its needed for, 10 seconds for someone upstairs to see if the ball is over the line or not. I think its an absolute farce that it is not already in. Top level football and we still see decisions like QPRs earlier?

If you ignore the fact that it wasnt a corner anyway was it a legal goal?

After studying rule 17 yes it was. Bartons corner kick was legal although wouldnt have been if he had left it where he placed it when the refs back was turned. Who was to blame? The ref who had a perfect view of Hills header his linesman may have had an obstructed view.

They keep bringing up goaline technology but nothing ever happens.Frank Lampards is the case most people remember.

In 1969 (I think it was) we were in danger of getting relegated to the third division when Pat McMahon smashed a thrilling volley from 30yds into Shiltons net against Leicester in their Filbert St days. It hit the metal net support at the back of the goal and rebounded out into play.The ref didnt give the goal.

Shilton (a born liar) claimed it hit the bar. We may have stayed up nobody knows but we went down

Thats 40 years ago nothing has happened since then and I doubt if anything will despite what they are currently saying

I forgot the Cisse goal was offside anyway. Swings and roundabouts come to mind!

POUNTNEY

My understanding is that the officials will here some kind of signal in their headsets when the ball crosses the line. If this is the case then the game would not be slowed down at all as a goal would simply be given.

I read that the only technology being considered is a signal on the ref's watch that says if it's over the line or not that happens instantly.

If a ball is cleared "off the line" and the ref isn't sure he just looks at his watch and it will say whether it is or not.

avillafanrangersbadges.jpg

The only way it will be good is if it does not slow down play in anyway shape or form. I dont want football turning into a replay affair like our sports in this country.

It's worse over here in the NFL especially because they give the refs a voice. If NFL refs weren't able to speak to the fans and to the TV audience it wouldn't be as bad.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

I'd be all in favour of goal line techology, i've also been long in favour of some kind of technology that allows the 4th official to view decisions as they happen and communicate with the ref to confirm penalties if neccesary or off the ball incidents...I know the FA can view these kinds of things after the match but its during that we really need the help...

I think alot of people got turned after the the world cup, that Frank Lampard shot was just rediculous

mzjj.jpg

Archived