FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Goal Line Technology

LaVillain

I'm not a fan of the idea. Despite it not benefitting us the weekend it gives us all something to moan at, discuss and sometimes laugh at.

Also someone mentioned it wouldn't be needed much. But soon every challenge in the box, red card, or otherwise simple decision will get asked for a review by players, fans and managers. I can also see a usually normal penalty decision by a referee then being referred to video as it could create doubt in his mind about him not wanting to get the decision wrong. We'd soon be stopping all the time for a replay.

There is this argument that we only use the videos for goalline incidents or penalties, but then why is a penalty worth more a replay than a possible sending off outside the box. The latter having the bigger chance to change the game?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While there are many incidents that are clearly wrong when you look at video footage there are also a lot that the camera does'nt clear up. Can you imagine the fuss if they looked at the footage and still called it wrong. The idea was put forward a while back that maybe a manager could have the right to dispute a pre-set number of decisions per game.

I have been wanting this for a long time but then even with the video technology bad decisions are still made in Rugby and that is fact !!

Just like bad calls still get made in the NFL. Human error will always happen regardless of video tech

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

Only agree with the use of vt if it is goaline tech thats it and thats where it needs to stop or we will have to stop the game to check someone has not done a foul throw.

Hate Football Love VILLA!

• 4 months later...

So its been made law today that goalline technology is to be put into place by next season, long overdue in my opinion.

Thoughts anyone?

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

So its been made law today that goalline technology is to be put into place by next season, long overdue in my opinion.

Thoughts anyone?

Can I ask where you read/heard that, LAVillain? As far as I was aware, FIFA were meeting in July to decide and Premiership clubs are arguing that six weeks wouldn't be long enough to install HawkEye or its rival if approved so didn't think it was definite for next season.

2426f5x.png

Can I ask where you read/heard that, LAVillain? As far as I was aware, FIFA were meeting in July to decide and Premiership clubs are arguing that six weeks wouldn't be long enough to install HawkEye or its rival if approved so didn't think it was definite for next season.

That's what I've just read here also

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8429760

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived