FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The SPL Thread

Nicolas

i dont think you really realize how big the 2clubs from glesga are i know its a boring 2horse race in a league on par with the championship or belgium scandinavian league but you really need to see it for yourself to believe it

I do understand I just think the like of Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and us (before we are where we are) are much better and if they can't hack it consistently I doubt very much your two Glasgow clubs could.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think you really realize how big the 2clubs from glesga are i know its a boring 2horse race in a league on par with the championship or belgium scandinavian league but you really need to see it for yourself to believe it

absolutely :thumbsup:

both have huge fanbases as I've said countless times now and it hasn't always been this bad as I said above with the truly great players to grace the Scottish game over the years.

avillafanrangersbadges.jpg

absolutely :thumbsup:

both have huge fanbases as I've said countless times now and it hasn't always been this bad as I said above with the truly great players to grace the Scottish game over the years.

id love too see the likes of larssons nakamura di canio's or laudrups gazza's de boers grace the spl again that wasnt too long ago

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

id love too see the likes of larssons nakamura di canio's or laudrups gazza's de boers grace the spl again that wasnt too long ago

I think people forget just how good the two clubs used to be and that the only thing keeping us back is money.

no it doens;t because we're completely different teams. And yes the SPL is sh*t just now, and all scots would admit that, but it's not always been this bad and neither have rangers and celtic, even Aberdeen has had European success. Let me list some players that have been at the old firm for you:

Paul Gascgoine, Brian Laudrup, Terry Butcher, Henrik Larson, Genero Gattuso (who may be coming back), Davie Cooper, Andy Goram, Jorg Albertz, Ally McCoist, Richard Gough all of them fantastic players and there are many many more.

And how can you tell if Rangers and Celtic were in from the start they wouldn't be as big, if anything they would be. Glasgow is one of the main cities in Britain, bigger than Manchester not too long ago with the majority of scots supporting them as they do now.

I stand by my point that with the huge fanbases at both clubs, huge history with several European finals between us including one 3 years ago, we would both do well in the Premier League with the added funds that come with it, I'm not saying we'd win it or even finish in the top four because we probably wouldn't, I'm saying 7th-10th.

I think most Villa/other EPL team fans agree with this but won't admit it beacause they want to stick up for their clubs

i just want to pick up on the point i have highlighted, fanbase and size of city means nothing in this tbh, birmingham is bigger than manchester, bang center of the country and that hasnt helped us, also we were the only club in the region playing top flight football for a fair amount of years and that still didnt help so that imo means very little.

i likened u to the welsh clubs to prove the point that HAD u began life in the english league u may not of grown like u have in the SPL, make no mistake im not saying that today u wouldnt hold ur own in the premier league, but u simply wouldnt be the same club fighting the english clubs from the start.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

i just want to pick up on the point i have highlighted, fanbase and size of city means nothing in this tbh, birmingham is bigger than manchester, bang center of the country and that hasnt helped us, also we were the only club in the region playing top flight football for a fair amount of years and that still didnt help so that imo means very little.

i likened u to the welsh clubs to prove the point that HAD u began life in the english league u may not of grown like u have in the SPL, make no mistake im not saying that today u wouldnt hold ur own in the premier league, but u simply wouldnt be the same club fighting the english clubs from the start.

I didnt say from the start, I said after a good couple of seasons with the new money we'd be getting we'd be up there. I honestly believe we'd be top half and my argument is only towards those who see us as championship level

slight different point here, do you guys not think that the cost of travelling for Fans would be an issue??

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

slight different point here, do you guys not think that the cost of travelling for Fans would be an issue??

No, I think the Old Firm are well known for their support and a over a thousand fans went to Germany last week for pre season matches for Rangers against lower division clubs and Leverkusen.

However if it's every week... but I still dont see it being a major problem

Archived