FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The SPL Thread

Nicolas

what about the famine song? telling scots/irish to go home you wouldnt mock jews & the halocaust(sp) its the same thing millions died & had to settle here you wouldnt tell irish/americans latin/americans or italian/americans to go home why cant we all get on no matter what religoun or race we belong too

Ahhhh yes the famine song which is outlawed? doesnt happen anymore at the football, we know what is right and wrong hence why the great club that is the rangers acts on these things, we would like to concentrate on football and football alone. thats why we are champions in our country, we lead the way hoping others will come to toe the same line, a task too big for certain clubs but none the less we are making good positive strides on that front.

We are an accomodating club who are proud to be part of scotland and britain, can you say the same about the scum ?

A club that has no shame and knows no boundaries, always cheated and never defeated.

I dont have issues with you just the club you seem to represent, who was your first team ?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no intention of insulting anyone,just to continue the topic on a hopefully friendly basis...

I looked into this...The premier league attendances on a weekly basis are more than the whole of the SFA per week, so if Rangers and Celtic came south the SFA would probably crumble due to lost revenue.

Apart from Aberdeen and a few other teams the SFA cup and league championship has always been a 2 horse race.

If the 'old firm' did move south they would be just midtable teams at the best and without winning trophies would not be able to attract big names. As it stands johny forigner looks at the cup and league wins thinks WOW silverwear for me.

As regards Europe,neither team has had much success of late,ie:- not getting past the CL qualifiers and failing in the Europa league.

Yes the stadiums are great in Glasgow..but outside of there i've played in better venues.

If I was a Rangers or Celtic fan I'd want to stay put and bask in the glory of the SFA.

Plus travelling to away games may be a problem for a lot of the fans both English and Scotish..

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Another Scot? What on earth LOL welcome to the board...but why would we be bankrupt?

(I said I was off here but things are calmer now and tbh I'm curious as to why you think that)

You'd have to downsize massively.. With your current squad you would be ALWAYS be operating at a loss. So you would either have to sell your entire first team or you'd have to convince players to take massive pay cuts. The winner of the SPL receives around the same amount of "prize money" as the team who finishes 20th in the EPL.. It's actually less when you take sponsorship and TV money in to account.

Obviously it would never happen.. But claiming that you'd just come up here and walk the league is every bit as ridiculous as those who suggest Rangers and Celtic would challenge for the EPL.

i think u opened the wrong cubard there pal... our trophy room contains a eurorean cup, european super cup, english league titles, league cups, F.A cups... maybe ur camara doesnt pick up proper tophies eh??

like i said, Rangers could forget about there 115 honours or what ever it is... they wouldnt win anything in England, playing competative matches every week, not only playing 1 other real team, Celtic.

would Swansea and Cardiff not have the same kind of history if they played in the welsh league??? what are they in England??? swansea this summer became the FIRST welsh team to be promoted to the top league... surely that tells u something about the type of club u lot would be in this league.

u might have a good stadium with a strong following, born into the english game from the begining i can tell u for a fact that u would not have the same support, as such wouldnt be the same club.

no it doens;t because we're completely different teams. And yes the SPL is sh*t just now, and all scots would admit that, but it's not always been this bad and neither have rangers and celtic, even Aberdeen has had European success. Let me list some players that have been at the old firm for you:

Paul Gascgoine, Brian Laudrup, Terry Butcher, Henrik Larson, Genero Gattuso (who may be coming back), Davie Cooper, Andy Goram, Jorg Albertz, Ally McCoist, Richard Gough all of them fantastic players and there are many many more.

And how can you tell if Rangers and Celtic were in from the start they wouldn't be as big, if anything they would be. Glasgow is one of the main cities in Britain, bigger than Manchester not too long ago with the majority of scots supporting them as they do now.

I stand by my point that with the huge fanbases at both clubs, huge history with several European finals between us including one 3 years ago, we would both do well in the Premier League with the added funds that come with it, I'm not saying we'd win it or even finish in the top four because we probably wouldn't, I'm saying 7th-10th.

I think most Villa/other EPL team fans agree with this but won't admit it beacause they want to stick up for their clubs

avillafanrangersbadges.jpg

Ahhhh yes the famine song which is outlawed? doesnt happen anymore at the football, we know what is right and wrong hence why the great club that is the rangers acts on these things, we would like to concentrate on football and football alone. thats why we are champions in our country, we lead the way hoping others will come to toe the same line, a task too big for certain clubs but none the less we are making good positive strides on that front.

We are an accomodating club who are proud to be part of scotland and britain, can you say the same about the scum ?

A club that has no shame and knows no boundaries, always cheated and never defeated.

I dont have issues with you just the club you seem to represent, who was your first team ?

celtic but have liked villa since the mid-90s so they are my epl team i know most celtic fans favour the 2scouse clubs lfc/everton & man utd & your fans seem to like chelsea & millwall

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

il tell you what both sets of fans would travel in their thousands to away games & in 5yrs time with the funds stadiums fan base's & attraction of the big derby we would be a top 4 team imho

We get along pretty great I think...but that's cloud cuckoo land right there. Especially with these new rules about fair play trollocks.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

il tell you what both sets of fans would travel in their thousands to away games & in 5yrs time with the funds stadiums fan base's & attraction of the big derby we would be a top 4 team imho

:thumbsup:

avillafanrangersbadges.jpg

We get along pretty great I think...but that's cloud cuckoo land right there. Especially with these new rules about fair play trollocks.

i dont think you really realize how big the 2clubs from glesga are i know its a boring 2horse race in a league on par with the championship or belgium scandinavian league but you really need to see it for yourself to believe it

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Archived