FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

How Did You Find Out And Join Avillafan.

B6!

Cheers foreva, (im sure i can vouch for rogerstan- too)---thats nice of ya

Ditto ditto man, its great to take a stroll down a VILLA memory lane,them years just simply roll away.

incidentally something came flying back today--walking to the Holte End past The Holte pub--i noticed 3 beer bottles against the wall--and i flashed back to the late 60,S when the old chap(R.I.P.) used to nip in for a quick sherbert or 2 after 2 longish sapping coach rides, for a bit of fun i used to count the beer glasses lined up on the then flat topped wall and those leaning against it --the highest number i counted man was 65!!guess they did,nt have glass collectors in them good ol days

SOTC UTV

During the war.. :g: :zip:

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the war.. :g: :zip:

Nah man aint quite that old---was about 1966/67....we was late,the coach got delayed it usually arrived 45 mins before kick off i remember it well,and was fast approaching the then regular 3.00 kick off, rather than nip back inside the habit was to leave your glass outside after your last drink,

and hoof it dead quick to them old clickety click turnstiles,to grab your spot on them terraces, hence the late late surge in mainly The Holte End,

whilst waiting for the ol chap i used to count the glasses --was usually about 20,but on this occasion due to it being late many more had been left-----good memories,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• 5 months later...

How did you join and find out about the website.Did you see an advertisment somewhere or did you find it just by chance.

I found the site when I typed in The Holte End,when I was looking for a picture of the famous stand.Due to the thread/topic Holte End,AvillaFan came up and I registered.I ahd some difficulties when the e-mail allowing me to post messages went into my junk folder,but I have since really enjoyed my time on the website.I ahve also got 3 other people to sign up :thumbsup:

How did you find AvillaFan???

0,,10265~9846563,00.jpg

villa-t-shirts.jpg

Yeah.I thought there was one before but I couldn't find it.Any mods reading,just put the posts into the other topic.Ta.

0,,10265~9846563,00.jpg

villa-t-shirts.jpg

I found the site when I typed in The Holte End,when I was looking for a picture of the famous stand.Due to the thread/topic Holte End,AvillaFan came up and I registered.I had some difficulties when the e-mail allowing me to post messages went into my junk folder,but I have since really enjoyed my time on the website.I have also got 3 other people to sign up. :thumbsup:

0,,10265~9846563,00.jpg

villa-t-shirts.jpg

Yeah.I thought there was one before but I couldn't find it.Any mods reading,just put the posts into the other topic.Ta.

Done - please be sure theres not another topic on a simular subject before making a new 1, as you already said you thought there was 1, u should of looked harder... Cheers :lolthumb:

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Like many others on here, I found AVillaFan from a Google search, looking for AVFC specific Forums.

Of the ones offered by Google I considered this to be the best, so I joined.

Glad to be here, fellow Villans !

Regards

Larry

Edit - font

AVFC RFC SAFC

Archived