FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Top 4

avstu

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very harsh sending off wasnt it. I couldnt help but think this really could be our year when he got sent off.

So the top 5 will now look like this:

1. Liverpool 39

2. Chelsea 37

3. Aston Villa 34

4. Man Utd 32

5. Arsenal 31

Villa are the 3rd best team at christmas 2008 :)

Last Xmas

P GD P

1 Arsenal 18 21 43

2 Manchester United 18 23 42

3 Chelsea 18 15 37

4 Manchester City 18 5 34

5 Liverpool 17 20 33

6 Everton 18 14 30

7 Portsmouth 18 10 30

8 Aston Villa 18 8 29

Another 35 points this season will more than likely get us champions league football. I think there is only 2 seasons where 69 points hasnt finished 3rd or 4th so still along way to go and need to keep the 2nd half of the season the same as the 1st obviously easier said than done but its there for the taking

newgabby.jpg
duck.gif

For me Liverpool havent performed all year, much like Villa. But are grinding our results. For me the top 2 will be Chelsea and United.

So if we want 3rd place can see us challenging Liverpool for that spot

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

the only 1 team that is useually in the top 4 that has the consistency is man utd. but it would be very good to give them a run for their money this season.

liverpool dont really have the bottle to win the league lol.

chelseas home form is poor

but if man utd are going to win they will have to catch the mighty villa first

They have 2 games in hand, win one of them and they go above us. As someone said elsewhere it will be Villa v Arsenal for 4th spot.

Were there now and i know theres a long time to go but if we dont get at least 4th spot we will only have ourselves to blame.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Lose 1 and win 1 and they still above us. One thing United have over us is being able to beat us. for some reason we cant beat them.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived