FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Brad Friedel (2008-11)

avstu

I am not doubting for one minute that Friedel has been a good keeper and stalwart for us. But the fact remains when you watch him now, he is clearly past his best, and indeed with no body pushing him for his place he has no reason to be worried about starting every match no matter how he plays.

Oh as for stats, take our two previous games before Foolham, and out of 21 of Friedels kicks 19 went straight to the opposition. The thing been this has now become an every game event for Friedel.

I dont think that anyone on this forum disagrees that Brad is past his best and we need to look for a quality replacement, but the fact remains that he has become some what of a target for sometimes unfair, and some times out of order comments on these forums recently.

I have got no problem with people airing their opinions but the Good and the bad points are needed to get the balanced view!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think that anyone on this forum disagrees that Brad is past his best and we need to look for a quality replacement, but the fact remains that he has become some what of a target for sometimes unfair, and some times out of order comments on these forums recently.

I have got no problem with people airing their opinions but the Good and the bad points are needed to get the balanced view!

Well the balanced view would indeed be I would think, based on this season, would be that Brad has 1 good game vers two poorer or mediocre games. And as for last week he had a poor game, and conceeded two poor goals, and yet some tend to think that he saved our bacon with one really good save, point been if he hadn't of made two very basic mistakes we would of had three points. Today BF will worry me, as he don't come for enough crosses and when he does, he tends to loose the flight of the ball, and we can bet our bottom dollar that given the chance that today BPOOL will indeed cross the ball as often as they can as this is where the vast majority of their goals come from.

Well the balanced view would indeed be I would think, based on this season, would be that Brad has 1 good game vers two poorer or mediocre games.

Slightly unfair as BF has gained and saved us more points than he has lost us this season with his perfomances, byt i agree he is not the force he once was.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

i cant watch the match today but according to the commentery on the radio blackpools goal was down to poor defencive play. but i wander if this will be turned around and put onto bf, if the defence cant defend, how can bf do it all himself, the answer is, he cant.

Archived