FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Talk 2010/11

forevaavillan1

With Ashley Young recently announcing he wants to leave, and with a number of players unhappy at Villa park, who should we go after in the summer?

I'm not 100% sure who Houlliers targets would be in the summer however I think we need:

A right back, unless Walker somehow stays then we need to get a new right back imo.

One (Maybe two) new centre backs as both Collins and Dunne are unhappy, and Cuellar doesn't look to be getting in the team

A left back, as Warnock obviously isn't going to get another game for us we need to get someone in to play there for us.

A goalkeeper, with Friedels retirment iminent we definatley need a keeper.

Playmaker, something we've lacked since Milner left imo, no one seems to be able to change a game for us and we need someone like that.

Centre Midfielder, Petrov will be out of the squad imo after this season and were going to need someone to partner Makoun in the middle unless someone else can within the squad is up to the task and tbh the only player I see capable is Delph.

Squad depth, we need back ups. What are we going to do if Bent suffers from an injury? we've got barley anyone who we have confidence in apart from Delfounseo. Same with alot of our players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully its true, Sven-Goran Eriksson is lining up a £2million summer bid for Leicester old boy Emile Heskey.

Didn't he say once that he would like to go back to finish his career at Leic?

Well, if all goes well and the Villa stay up (fingers crossed) we will need some serious investment to not only climb up the table but to also keep our good players.

With Ashley Young looking set to leave along with, Carew, Ireland, Warnock and Beye - Villa must bring in new!

It is more than likely that we get the following from the following players:

Ashley Young - 20mill+

Ireland - 8mill

Heskey - 1mill

Warnock - 3mill

Beye - 500k

Carew - 2mill+

Reo Coker - 5mill

Total - 39Million

From these possible funds and extra from Randy i would like to see the following players which will be much needed:

Gary Cahill - 20mill

M'bia - 15mill

Taiwo - Free

Gervihno - 15mill

Given - 5mill

Total - 55million

Reasons:

Gary Cahill - Great talent, young, captain for future.

M'bia - defensive qualities, young, experience, dominates the midfield.

Taiwo - Fast, strong, good shot, young, experience.

Gervihno - versatile attacker (ie Striker and winger), fast, young, proven.

Given - experience, reliable.

Therefore, from a bit of investment we can not only improve our team but have more fight within our game aswell as class.

Who do you want to see leave in the summer and join and for what reasons?

Carew is out of contract at the end of the season i think,and i also reckon Beye will be released as their has been no interest in him what so ever in the last 2 windows!!

And if you reckon we will get anything near 8m for Ireland i want some of what your smoking!! :lolthumb:

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Carew is out of contract at the end of the season i think,and i also reckon Beye will be released as their has been no interest in him what so ever in the last 2 windows!!

And if you reckon we will get anything near 8m for Ireland i want some of what your smoking!! :lolthumb:

haha lol - well i have heard Ireland is about that. Other clubs will be interested and he is still young

haha lol - well i have heard Ireland is about that. Other clubs will be interested and he is still young

Ireland came to us as a 8 milliom make weight in the Milner deal and his value has got to have plummeted this season in my opinion!

Welcome to the site by the way Dan and i hope you stick around and get involed! :thumbsup:

Be sure to say hello by posting in the Welcome Centre.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived