FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Clean Sheet?

irish_villain

Is anyone else concerned at our seemingly lack of ability to keep a clean sheet at the moment?

I know we are in great form, and have no problems scoring goals at the minute but to me we are conceding far too many goals.

Liverpool being our only clean sheet so far, I think this could be a big problem when we play the top sides, i.e. next week v chelsea

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

dont worry we are the new brazil all out attacking football they score 1 we go and get2 no really most of the goals we have let in have been sloppy so they need to tighten up a bit but it will come , as long as we keep attacking in the manner we are doing we should be ok VILLA TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. i was talking about this today walking out the game. it's hard to pin down an individual to blame. Shorey hasn't been playing well but he cant carry the blame for all goals conceded. but Freidle, and Laurson have been playing alright and Young and Davies have both been quality when i've seen them.

it is a worry though. I'd like all 3 points agaist Chelsea but, in reality, i think a clean sheet is a real priority.

jpbanneriy6.jpg

For me youve pinpointed the problems. Laursen and Shorey - Shorey still looks like hes not up to the pace while Laursen - well i think more and more are starting to realise just overated he is.

As for our form being great? I think its far from great. We are grinding out results but we are playing far from our best at the moment.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

our defencive record is something we need to work on, but imo more importantly its our ability to kill a game off, i didnt like the way we played 2nd half today, why did we come out and just sit back and invite sunderland to play infront of us, simularly against wba, we just didnt go for the 3rd goal, then we can think about sitting back.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Laursen is my main concern he just invites pressure back on us coz of his inability to find Row z ...Shorey i thought had one of his better games for us yesterday...yes its a newish back four but they should no each other by now

Archived