FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Attendances

Northstander

Just want to raise a point whilst reading through the match chat thread reguarding the game at villa park v qpr.

i suggest that some of the posters on there have a think about what they posting before they start calling fellow fans "*****" and a "disgrace".

blackburn v everton 14,366

portsmouth v chelsea 15,339

newcastle v spurs 20,577

villa v qpr 21,541

Some people have got more important responsabilities than going to every single villa game,work,family,credit crunch etc

even when fans do turn up you call them ****!

Come on lads is there any need for this???

Hate Football Love VILLA!

If i called anyone a **** ( i cant remember) but i apologise. However i do think its a disgrace, i know i said this and i also stand by this.

Yes people do have things to do, but a large majority of the people that didnt go simply couldnt be bothered because it wasnt a 'big team'.

People want Villa to be successful but never turn up to games like these and then we lose, says a lot for me. And the reason Newcastles crowd was down was because they were protesting. Why people refere to other clubs is beyond me. We are Aston Villa FC, not newcastle, chelsea or spurs.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

So villa fans who forked out to go to the spurs,baggies and already bought one of the sold out tickets for chelsea game.Plus fans who are not season ticket holders who have bought tickets for sunderland and litex,not to mention some of the lucky few who followed the lads in bulgaria are all a disgrace because they decided to give ONE game a miss??????????????

I doubt many villa fans will go to all these games,if the do then fair play as they must have a very understanding boss,mrs,bank manager,kids etc.But to call them a disgrace is a bit harsh.

I was refering to the other clubs attendences to point out the fact that ours was one of the highest considering we were not playing pl opposition.

Hate Football Love VILLA!

I was going to go to the game tommorow but instead im meeting up with a lady friend who i havent seen in a while! i hope im not regarded as disgraceful villa fan.

I had a season ticket for about 7 years until last season when i got a part time job which included saturdays! some people tried to say i wasnt a good fan for that, despite the fact i was working to afford to go to college and see friends and go to home and away games when i could.

Not everyone can get to the games for many different reasons, ill be joining the royal engineers around january so wont get to go to many games.......Thats just one example of a loyal villa fan (myself) who cant get to all of the games, so we shouldnt criticise other unless you know they actually could not be arsed to go.

To be honest i enjoy going the villa more when i havent been in a while anyway, it makes the day and the game more exciting rather then the same old.

OUR MOTTO- PREPARED...."to play to the best of our ability; to involve our fans in everything we do; to champion the game of football and to be active members of our local community"

beeranfootballcopyqq2hh2.png

u also have to think that alot of people will look at the conjested fixture list and 'pick' games they will rather see, xmas will also play a part in people's minds especially those with families, not all football fans are single blokes with no commitments after all...

i for 1 decided not to go to the QPR game, but will be there for litex as i felt that seeing villa in europe would be the more special of the 2 games, i think alot of people may have seen it as the same tbh im sure there will be close to 35,000 for the litex game for that reason alone,

i honestly think a few people that use this forum to sound off at their fellow fans using such words as 'disgrace' and 'twats' must be narrow minded and spoil for a response, try to create ill feeling amungst ur own supporters, if u cant see the problem with that lads then u should take the words u use and reverse them at urselves!!

i cant speak for the other 20,999 fans who were absent for the game but i do actually have a life outside football, i dont brake myself just so i can see every single game, ok so it was only 15-20 quid but if people dont like that then thats just tough! i agree with what Northstander said and its a good point about other fans, the carling cup is a waste of time in many fans and clubs minds and the attendencies reflected this not to mention the outcome and the fact that nobody was really that bothered either.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Well for me your comments just show that Villa ARENT as big as we all try to make out Villa to be. We are just like every other mid-table side in the league.

Yes i know things are more important than football i really do and a lot of people have taken this out of context as usual but the point im trying to get across is Villa perform in front of a packed Villa Park when the atmosphere is rocking, not a half full ground when the away side is making all the noice.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

are villa a big club tho? u would to say no! we have just qualified for europe for the first time in 8 years, only a handfull of top 10 finishes in the last 10+ seasons, we are a very good club on the up, rising season on season, but we need consistant top 6 finishes for a couple of seasons really, then we can say we are a 'proper' big club again. this comes up from time to time and i remember commenting on a simular topic last season, im sure i said pretty much the same thing but a clubs size cant be judged by something that was won 26 years ago, we havent been to a final since 2000, no silverware since 96, those are not statistics of a big club are they?

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

A big club is a club who has a big fanbase, a proper stadium, a great history.

Villa are a big club. I consider Newcastle to be a big club also even if they havent won anything in decades, just look at the fanbase, the stadium.

People will always disagree on this subject but thats my opinion.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Archived