FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Big changes needed

Following another below par performance, it is clear big changes are needed within the playing squad.

There are too many within this squad that have got us where we are and for that I am grateful but if we are to push on we cant carry inconsistent players.

I used to think it was a Dean Smith thing but its becoming increasingly clear that its more than the management.

Whats everyones thoughts? What positions would you like to see strengthened in the summer?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The only thing that really worries me is all the money we keep spending on players that just aren’t up to standard. I’m concerned that our current owners could eventually lose interest and  we could find ourselves in that position we were when Randy pulled the plug.

Its about time the club became more sustainable and started using more youth players instead of just buying. To think of the players we let go the last time we had money and to see what they went on to achieve was a real eye opener. 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, Apollo said:

The only thing that really worries me is all the money we keep spending on players that just aren’t up to standard. I’m concerned that our current owners could eventually lose interest and  we could find ourselves in that position we were when Randy pulled the plug.

Its about time the club became more sustainable and started using more youth players instead of just buying. To think of the players we let go the last time we had money and to see what they went on to achieve was a real eye opener. 

It depends how you look at it. Most the signings who have come in, should leave for a profit. 

We are a club tryng to progress so we will have rebuilds - the ownership stated this when they brought the club.

A team for promotion

A team for survival

A team to push on for mid table

A team for Europa

A team to challenge for the top 4.

They always said this would happen.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

i dont think they meant spend over a hundred million quid and still have nothing much more than a championship side.    we are still in the bottom half of the pl, this is not good enough, the owners will think the same, but how far will they go before they get fed up of spending to receive nothing. 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, avstu said:

It depends how you look at it. Most the signings who have come in, should leave for a profit. 

We are a club tryng to progress so we will have rebuilds - the ownership stated this when they brought the club.

A team for promotion

A team for survival

A team to push on for mid table

A team for Europa

A team to challenge for the top 4.

They always said this would happen.

I don’t personally see a profit being made On those players. Only a loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we not more or less on schedule for what the owners planned ? 

A lot of the players we have recruited will go for a healthy profit if sold, the academy looks on the cusp of giving the first team some real quality and we are now re-established as a premier league team.

Big changes are the last thing we need, we require fine tuning in our midfield. I think the days of Luiz and McGinn both been certs for a starting place are numbered.