Everton v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa FC

Premier League - Matchday 25

Goodison Park, Liverpool

Saturday, 22nd January 2022

12.30 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Rafa sacked. I was hoping they would keep him for this one lol.

You and me both but we cant use this as an excuse. 

I am enjoying watching villa more so than i have done in a long time and i did enjoy the early Smith tenure.

I just hope we can start turning the performances into results.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

You and me both but we cant use this as an excuse. 

I am enjoying watching villa more so than i have done in a long time and i did enjoy the early Smith tenure.

I just hope we can start turning the performances into results.

They are defo looking better. More emery in the performances and looking fitter. When the penny does drop we will be dangerous.

20 hours ago, Apollo said:

They are defo looking better. More emery in the performances and looking fitter. When the penny does drop we will be dangerous.

I agree. Its like we are around the corner from smashing someone. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

Really good result. It was always going to be difficult with Everton having the manager shake up. 

I had feared that we had wasted money on Buendia but now he is really showing his worth. 

12 hours ago, Apollo said:

Really good result. It was always going to be difficult with Everton having the manager shake up. 

I had feared that we had wasted money on Buendia but now he is really showing his worth. 

I agree. It was never going to be easy and I fully expect Everton to bounce back after the break with Ferguson in charge.

I also agree on the Buendia front. I said about 6 weeks ago that i didnt see what others saw in him. I was obviously aware of his history with Norwich but he is really starting to step up.

One thing that is starting to annoy me is this constant theme of wanting to dig out Tyrone Mings. Most players make a mistake or two every game but Mings is constantly called out. Its boring and annoying.

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to Everton 0-1 Aston Villa
11 hours ago, avstu said:

I agree. It was never going to be easy and I fully expect Everton to bounce back after the break with Ferguson in charge.

I also agree on the Buendia front. I said about 6 weeks ago that i didnt see what others saw in him. I was obviously aware of his history with Norwich but he is really starting to step up.

One thing that is starting to annoy me is this constant theme of wanting to dig out Tyrone Mings. Most players make a mistake or two every game but Mings is constantly called out. Its boring and annoying.

Mings even gets battered by pundits. All that gets focused on is the odd mistake he makes. Yet no one ever acknowledges when he has a good game. 

a good win,,scoured Skegness to find a screen, Forest  v Derby getting main billing, finally found one screen with 15 minutes gone, 

Buendia getting back to his best--for the size of him he has an amazing leap,- cannot fault Matty Cash for commitment, Digne is a real pro,and agree with Stu about the round of Mings bashing---he loves the club, and f*** me what player dont make the odd mistake,?

disgusting behaviour by the Everton hooligans who threw full bottles was it pre-meditated? tops are removed when buying at Villa Park, coins and lighters,

just a shame next game is blinking ages away,

well done all,---VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png