FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

January 22 Transfer Window

Who do you want Villa to sign this January Transfer Window? 
 I think we need another LB (Sosa from Stuttart) looks the part with 13x Assists. Another holding midfielder that has an engine and a high percentage passing ability to calm things down. I have heard about Ryan Kent being mentioned!?! Rangers are my fave Scottish team (irony huh) I have been watching him the past few years and at only 25yrs I think he could be a snip at a reported £15-20m! He’s very much like Buendia in flair and stature but is fast-as-fuke (GabbyGabby Agbonlahor) lol. I also think either a highly rated young 20/21yr old CB would be a great signing to coincide with Mings’ age (future) or any injuries that may occur. Think we should bring back Guilbert to fight for his place at RB! Strengthening our bench is a must. So for me a LB CDM & CAM should be enough until the summer!?! greendogvilla

I do too! I’m really excited on who he will target in the January Transfer Market to strengthen competition of the squad. He has never had the financial power from his short managerial career yet and it’s clear that NSWE will give him what he needs! He has too buy SMART!! Which I believe he will do. Bailey injured again soooh frustrating, he was the player I was most excited to see, but if this is a trend then it’s pretty obvious that the Premier League is not for him, maybe SerieA? I hope he can make it at our football club though! Sanson looked very good when he came on. Does you/anyone know why Caleb won’t sign a new contract with us? If any player doesn’t want to play for our huge football club then why bring him on in the 2nd?? He’s ‘ONLY’18! He should not have that much power! I hope it’s just trivial and nothing else! Or bye-bye. Bring Guilbert back and Wesley for competition! It’s an exciting time for sure too be a Aston Villa fan, but last night showed me how far off we are to get a Champions League spot!! (1st half for sure) and against a supposed weaker City Team. “Stevie Gerrards Claret n Blue Army”  100% @greendogvilla(social media) #avfc

• 1 month later...

Everyones thoughts on Digne?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Can’t really say I have ever paid any attention to him so don’t really know if he is quality or not. All the pundits seem to think it’s a good move. I guess it adds competition for the left back spot. 

Position’s & examples of players Ive discussed with my Son, a high quality LB i.e Lucas Digne (or Sosa from Stuttgart has been impressive this season) a CB for sure (one experienced and one young enough to coincide with Mings’ age and learn his trade would be great) plus a Dominant CDM that’s strong and can control the game speed when needed with a high percentage passing accuracy! i.e Fabinho Kante or a Busquets style footballer would be amazing. If we can fill those three positions in this Transfer Window then it will be a great chance for us too stabilise our fabulous football club for the rest of the season! Then Steven Gerrard can have a full opportunity to decide in/outs in the Summer Transfer Market to push for a Europa League or Domestic Cup success next season with the player’s he wants for his tenture. UTV. VTID

14 hours ago, avstu said:

Absolutely yes for me, avstu. He’s fast and is a good full back with fantastic crosses in his locker. Targett is a liability and is too slow to play the way Stevie G wants us to play! Fast High Press Intensity. But we also need a CB, a CDM of Fabinho Kante or a Busquets style player should be signed this window! Then the Summer Transfer Market will be Gerrards chance to exercise his own views of what a successful AVFC will look like 👍🏻  

On 1/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, Apollo said:

Can’t really say I have ever paid any attention to him so don’t really know if he is quality or not. All the pundits seem to think it’s a good move. I guess it adds competition for the left back spot. 

Ive been a fan for a while although he did seem to lose his quality over the last 12 months but i guess that could be a Benitez thing.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:55 AM, greendogvilla said:

Absolutely yes for me, avstu. He’s fast and is a good full back with fantastic crosses in his locker. Targett is a liability and is too slow to play the way Stevie G wants us to play! Fast High Press Intensity. But we also need a CB, a CDM of Fabinho Kante or a Busquets style player should be signed this window! Then the Summer Transfer Market will be Gerrards chance to exercise his own views of what a successful AVFC will look like 👍🏻  

I feel a little sorry for MT. He is clearly lacking in confidence but at the same time, the competition should do them both good.

I agree on the DM - but it will come down to who and what is available.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu changed the title to January 22 Transfer Window