Aston Villa v Manchester United

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa FC

Premier League - Matchday 24

Villa Park, Birmingham

Saturday, 15th January 2022

17.30 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Aston Villa vs Manchester United -- English Premier League

Aston Villa
Villa lost 2-1 away to the upgrade team Brentford on the last game day of the league. Then they lost to Manchester United in the FA Cup. They team have lost four of the last five games in all competitions. After 19 games, they rank 14th in the championship - three points behind tenth-placed Leicester City.

Manchester United
Manchester United have lost 1-0 to wolves in the last league game. Rangnicks men are currently seventh in the table - six points behind fourth-placed West Ham United with two games in hand. Manchester United have always been consistent in their away attack, because the last time they failed to score away was in April.

Prediction
It was a very difficult game for Manchester United and Villa will be confident after a good performance on Monday night. However, the Red Devils have such a good record at Villa Park. Considering Villas recent state, we support the visiting team to get points here.

1X2 Pick: X2
Final Results: 1-1, 1-2

More predictions and betting tips: https://us.nowgoal.com/--Covering 2000+ football, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments

• avstu changed the title to Aston Villa 2-2 Manchester United

A slow first half for some reason. I was expecting a bounce back given how we lost on Monday night.

Two poor goals to concede. I felt we really missed McGinn. As good as Sanson was on the ball - i felt he left too much space out wide, that McGinn usually covers.

Second half we bounced back and were by far the better side. I did think at one point, is it going to be another of those games. Although we didnt create clear cut chances i felt players had to really want to get on the end of crosses but we didnt.

The introduction of Coutinho and Chuks really changed things for us. Great comeback and i felt it was the the least we deserved.

I did state to those i was with, who would have thought 12 months ago that we would be dissapointed walking out of Villa Park after coming back from 2-0 down to 2-2 against Manchester United.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

First half performance was so frustrating. The way we are conceding at the moment is ridiculous.

Pleased we never gave up and managed to salvage a point. The one positive I can see at the moment is that we never give up.

poor first half and conceded 2 silly goals, that waist high  lunging assault  on Konsa was worth a booking but dont think 1 was given,just hope Ezra aint out for long,---big big improvement 2nd half,the introduction of Coutinho and  Chucks sure made a difference,i read he aint too happy and still wont extend his contract!!  must admit i,m surprised by that,--it felt more like a win thn a draw  great atmosphere,well done all,

on a side note we attended the unveiling of the wall commerating the 40th anniversary of the European Cup win,-with little stories from Allan Evans,Colin Gibson,Denis Mortimer,Tony Morley Kenny Swain, Sid Cowans  and Gary Shaw of that great day----one fact which has often puzzled me and was raised by Morty was he surprised by the number of players who chose to swap shirts with Bayern Munich players,!! he sure did,nt!!

Denis Mortimer made a request that if any one had a photo from the final of Big Ken McNaught holding the Eutopean Cup he would love to have a copy,--as Ken is the only player missing from his collection,

VTID-----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png