Aston Villa v Manchester City

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa F.C Forum - Avillafan.com

Premier League - Matchday 16

Villa Park, Birmingham

Wednesday, 1st December 2021

20.15 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

22e5ca4d-dd6c-474e-b8e7-4b70fcee1fdf.png

Aston Villa vs Manchester City Picks & Game Preview

Kick Off: 12/01/2021 16:15

Aston Villa

Gerrard's arrival can be said to give Villa a new look and show a good level of coaching. After winning Crystal Palace 2-1 in the last game, Villa won two consecutive victories and temporarily got rid of the trouble of relegation - ranking 13th in the league table, and there was the dawn of competing for European seats again. So far this season, the team have scored goals in all League home games - winning three of them.

Manchester City

Manchester City beat West Ham United by the same score in the last league game. The victory represents Manchester City's fifth victory in the rebound after the defeat to Crystal Palace - four of which came from Etihad - Chelsea's draw with Manchester United means that the defending champion is now only one point behind the top of the table. Manchester City's defence is quite solid for only seven goals conceded in 13 rounds, second only to the leader Chelsea.

Prediction

Aston Villa have never won against Manchester City for nearly 10 times in history, and lost 9 times, resulting in an absolute disadvantage. Although the recent harvest of two consecutive victories has improved Villa's morale, Manchester City are in better condition. On the whole, Manchester City can add more victories to this trip.

Liverpool to win in -1/-1.5 AH

Total: Under 3 goals

More predictions and betting tips: https://us.nowgoal.com/--Covering 2000+ football, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments

I agree. Way Way Way, too much respect was given in the 1st, I really thought it was going too be 4or5 but the 2nd half we did start to press. They taught us a lesson in the 1st and really showed me that we are a long ways away from at least Champions League level! Time is needed for Stevie G and the staff, it will be very interesting who Stevie will sign in January. I would like too see Sosa (LB) of Stuttgart! A skilled (CDM) strong with high passing % too control and slow thing’s down when needed, like Rodri did last night. I think R. Kent could be an exciting option for Stevie as another (CAM). Bring back F Guilbert for  competition with M Cash! What about Wesley? Bring him home and keep Ollie on the LW, he looks more dangerous cutting in from there. Bailey was the player I was really interested and excited too see when he came to us, but injury after injury. So frustrating. I just hope it’s nothing to serious ‘again’ The Summer Transfer Market will be Gerrard’s real test and January should give us an idea of how he sees the team he’s striving to build! It’s clear that NSWE want too give Gerrard almost unlimited financial support which is something he has never had to experience yet in his short managerial career. He has too buy smart. I think his temperament will hold him in good shape! Why won’t Caleb sign a new contract with us?? If a player doesn’t want to play for our historic football club, then why bring him on last night?  Yep! Sanson looked very good. UTV IM VILLA TILL I DIE THE HOLTE END IS IN THE SKY

• avstu changed the title to Aston Villa v Manchester City