FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Aston Villa manager

Potter from Brighton for me.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

On 11/7/2021 at 8:35 PM, markymark said:

Frank Lampard from the list of obvious candidates. 

I personally wouldn't touch Lampard. I think he failed with a very good Derby side and then failed with Chelsea. I wouldn't want to be his next experiment.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:07 PM, villagaz711 said:

A question that I think even NSWE don't know. Looking at the list, Gerrard is a gamble, that Danish bloke had a 20% win record in bundesliga, Terry unproven risk, fonseca nevers sticks around for more than 2 seasons. And that leaves lampard who didn't do terribly at Chelsea. One thing for certain is we will now find out how ambitious our owners really are with this appointment. 

Away from that potch, martinez, AVB or even the German manager low may show some intent. 

The Danish manager has ruled himself out hasnt he?

19 hours ago, richyd said:

I think we've fu**ed up big time here 😔

I don't. Smith was becoming out of his depth. Whether we are successful in our next appointment or not, i still think it was time for Dean to go. I thank him for what he did and i will never forget some of the good times but if we want to push on, we need someone more advanced than Smith imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 hours ago, B6! said:

Potter from Brighton for me.

I am struggling for names but if i was to pick anybody, it would be Potter.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it could be someone who hasnt even been mentioned? Its how we do our transfer business so why would we do our managerial appointments any different?

• Upvote 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Mellberg_Signature.png

^^^^^^ if true could be a good move---spoke to a mate in Dundee---says Stevee Gee, dont take any crap from the players---thats what we need,players are posting their thanks and goodbyes to Deano---a lot of them need to take a long long look in the mirror,their performances miswrable faces and body language contributed to his sacking.----

VTID--

• Upvote 1

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I wasn't convinced Smith was the man to take us forward, I was convinced that we'd be ok this season once the injuries had cleared up a bit and that is why I think sacking Smith with such a woeful list of potential replacements could be a big mistake.

Its increasingly looking like Gerrard and we haven't a clue how he'll perform in a competitive league and if he's any good we know where he'll be going the moment Klopp steps down.

Unless there is a lot we don't know surely it would have been better to make any changes in the summer.

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

I wasn't convinced Smith was the man to take us forward, I was convinced that we'd be ok this season once the injuries had cleared up a bit and that is why I think sacking Smith with such a woeful list of potential replacements could be a big mistake.

Its increasingly looking like Gerrard and we haven't a clue how he'll perform in a competitive league and if he's any good we know where he'll be going the moment Klopp steps down.

Unless there is a lot we don't know surely it would have been better to make any changes in the summer.

at the rate smith is going, or was going, we could be bottom of the league so far that the rest of the season it would be nothing more than  a relegation fight we may not win,  we needed serious change now to give the new whoever it may be to settle in,  and get the mess smith has brought us to sorted,  the players need a good kicking, they are just wage getters, if its to be Gerrard lets just hope he has the backbone to do what's needed.

42 minutes ago, rogerstan said:

at the rate smith is going, or was going, we could be bottom of the league so far that the rest of the season it would be nothing more than  a relegation fight we may not win,  we needed serious change now to give the new whoever it may be to settle in,  and get the mess smith has brought us to sorted,  the players need a good kicking, they are just wage getters, if its to be Gerrard lets just hope he has the backbone to do what's needed.

Agree Roger, it was time for DS to go.  Don't understand all the angst about him getting the sack.  He leaves us in 16th place in the table and in a downward spiral.  To people saying he would have reversed the trend please provide evidence to this rather than a 'feeling or he was a villa fan'.  I look forward to the appointment of the heir apparent Steven Gerrard.  Villa are bigger than any one person.  UTV.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

thanks mark, and just to add for the doubters, we are 2 points off the bottom of the league, lose the next game and we could be there,  surely with that position there can be no doubt that the removal of smith is the right thing to do. or should i say, done. utv.