4 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM vs Fulham

• Ezri Konsa
    • Jack Grealish
    • John McGinn
    • Matty Cash
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 05:00 PM

4 minutes ago, avstu said:

Without doubt Larry. A clear weak point based on the two games so far is Matt Targett and it wont take much for our fans to make him a scapegoat.

You are not the first to mention MT as being a weak link, Stu. Hopefully DS and the coaching staff will iron out his failings ... at least MT will not have the boo-boys on his back for the forseeable future !

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like it was going to be a cricket score for a while, not sure if we eased off or Fulham woke up. Maybe a bit of both but we never really looked in any danger.

Mings and Konza are forming a good partnership. Cash looked good, Luis continues to impress since lockdown as does Trez and Watkins may not have scored a league goal yet but he works hard, has some good build up play and gets into the positions to score, goals will come.

UTV

19 minutes ago, Dublin Villain said:

Huge 3 points, was told before we've lost our last 5 games there.

Agree with everything here. Thought Watkins worked so hard and got himself into the right positions, never sulks and not afraid of a physical battle. The goals will come if he keeps it up.

Trez looks to have worked hard and has started the season really well in fairness to him.

Targett still a bit rash and a worry. On the opposite side though I really like the look of Cash, no nonsense from him.

Konsa deserves a mention and looks to be  improving with every game and delighted to see Ramsay get some time. 

Again, just like you, I agree with you haha.

I said to friends that I am really taking a strong liking to Matty Cash. Konsa and Mitrovic had a right battle all evening and he handled him very well.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Looked like it was going to be a cricket score for a while, not sure if we eased off or Fulham woke up. Maybe a bit of both but we never really looked in any danger.

Mings and Konza are forming a good partnership. Cash looked good, Luis continues to impress since lockdown as does Trez and Watkins may not have scored a league goal yet but he works hard, has some good build up play and gets into the positions to score, goals will come.

UTV

Its funny you say that because I never felt like we got out of third gear. The amount of crosses they got in from the left worried me and better sides will cause us more problems.

I thought tonights game passed Luiz by to be honest.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu changed the title to Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa

Great result these are the matches which will define our season.  If we can maintain these performances and results against these teams and get bonus points against the better teams I feel a 10th - 12th place finish is a realistic target.  

On a side note how good is Mason Mount.

Superb performance and result tonight.  UTV.  

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

great to win at the Cottage following the last 0-2 defeat there and the Wembley disappointment---as others have said Cash and Konsa continue to impress--Cash has fitted in superbly and made the switch from Championship to Premiership plus a new club with evident ease-!! full credit to the lad--

Konsa had a constant battle with Mitrovic and handled a difficult opponent and the situation most credibly---Mings and Konsa are gelling real well---SJM is nearing his best---he looks fitter too-Watkins seems to be loving wearing the Claret and Blue  this lad is a real battler his disappontment not to score is clearly visible what a refreshing change to see --and Captain Jack continues to glow,

Well done to all---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

You are not the first to mention MT as being a weak link, Stu. Hopefully DS and the coaching staff will iron out his failings ... at least MT will not have the boo-boys on his back for the forseeable future !

The worry is, the opposition seem to see him as the weak link. It is no coincidence that both sides we have played have pinpointed him.

Mellberg_Signature.png

31 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Would like to have seen more of Traore. I was impressed with what I saw over the 10 minutes he played. 

Konsa is becoming a bit of an unsung hero! Can’t fault the guy on current form.

Id imagine Traore will start again against Stoke on Thursday.

Im not Trezeguet's biggest fan but i thought he was brilliant tonight.

Mellberg_Signature.png

very impressive display----as others have said Cash is looking good has took the switch from EFL to Premiership and a new club fully in his stride --full credit to the lad--Konsa too is impressing with every game---he handled a difficult opponent in Mitrovic  very well today and the partnership with Mings continues to excel and grow---SJM is fast approaching the player we all became accustomed to seeing--and Captain Jack is really shining now----thought Hourihane  took his chance well and had a decent game,

Fully agree with Dublins "assessment " of Watkins--- i like his workrate and disappointment not to score---this lad is hungry for goals---and thats grreat!

well done to all---VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png