FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

On 9/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, avstu said:

As i have said a few times Larry. I am still working on the new theme. Please bare with me.

06/10/2020 : Stu,

Regarding formatting, I have copied the formatted parts of my posts from my Rangers Forum into my same posts on AVF as a workaround.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

24/09/2020 : Stu, I have noticed a display inconsistency with posts, it seems to be linked to the 'go to the first unread post' function. When I click on the unread post button it goes to t

It has just worked, cheers, Stu. EPL (Premier League), Friday 23/10/2020 : Aston Villa v Leeds United, KO 20:00 hours.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:45 PM, rogerstan said:

flucking hell larry, you dont half make life hard,

These problems have arisen post-hack, Rog.

Prior to the hack AVF would always open showing me logged in, as I never log out of AVF. Since the hack when I open AVF it shows me logged out, even though I left AVF logged in. This does not happen on other Sites where I remain logged in, they always open showing me logged in.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 9/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, avstu said:

I am in the process of updating the forum software so please bare with me if you notice any slight changes or things not working.

Stu,

Update on formatting.

Apparently there is a Site parameter called 'basic tag codes' that enables or disables formatting in posts.

Can you set it to Enabled as doing that should resolve the formatting problems I have encountered and reported.

P.S. Can you also set the Site language to British English ... English UK ... currently it is set to English US ... which is probably why the dates are mis-formatted !

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.

AVFC RFC SAFC

24 minutes ago, rogerstan said:

larry, i never sign out either, never. but often i come in and  i have to sign in first, i don't find that a problem, it takes about 10 seconds. 

That is useful information, Rog.

I was wondering if this login rigmarole was just affecting me, or was the same for all of us.

It is over to Stu now, to get AVF back to working how it did before the hack.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 10/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, Larry-AV said:

That is useful information, Rog.

I was wondering if this login rigmarole was just affecting me, or was the same for all of us.

It is over to Stu now, to get AVF back to working how it did before the hack.

The logging issue is nothing to do with the hack.

The forum is now on a complete new upgraded software so is not affected.

As i stated, i wouldnt be surprised if it has something to do with your Firefox browser you are using. I have seen plenty moaning about being logged out on various websites with their latest update.

On 10/15/2020 at 10:54 PM, rogerstan said:

no larry, i think everyone is in the same boat,  when i scan my pc or do certain updates, i lose some of my passwords and i have to sign in again, maybe this is happening to you mate. hope it helps. 

This is true - a lot of anti virus programmes clear your cache and delete passwords. You can change these settings.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

3 hours ago, avstu said:

The logging issue is nothing to do with the hack.

The forum is now on a complete new upgraded software so is not affected.

As i stated, i wouldnt be surprised if it has something to do with your Firefox browser you are using. I have seen plenty moaning about being logged out on various websites with their latest update.

This is true - a lot of anti virus programmes clear your cache and delete passwords. You can change these settings.

Stu, Whatever the cause of the login problem, it is still occurring. It has nothing to do with my browser either, it happens in both Firefox and Google Chrome. My bookmark login URL for the AVF Forum has never been affected by my Anti-Virus, which I have had for over 2 years now.

As I have repeatedly mentioned in posts and by PM to you, my bookmark URL is identical to the AVF Forum URL, but instead of AVF opening showing me logged in, it keeps redirecting me to the login screen. This is internal to AVF and has nothing to do with external influences. I do not have this login problem with other Sites I stay logged into, they all open correctly, showing me logged in.

Another thing not corrected on AVF is the formatting ... AVF is still not actioning control characters in posts but just showing them as text. Fortunately I can use the workaround of copying my formatted text from other Sites, where the control characters are recognised and function. It is a pretty poor show though to have to rely on other Sites to do for AVF what this Site should do for itself.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 10/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, Larry-AV said:

Stu, Whatever the cause of the login problem, it is still occurring. It has nothing to do with my browser either, it happens in both Firefox and Google Chrome. My bookmark login URL for the AVF Forum has never been affected by my Anti-Virus, which I have had for over 2 years now.

As I have repeatedly mentioned in posts and by PM to you, my bookmark URL is identical to the AVF Forum URL, but instead of AVF opening showing me logged in, it keeps redirecting me to the login screen. This is internal to AVF and has nothing to do with external influences. I do not have this login problem with other Sites I stay logged into, they all open correctly, showing me logged in.

Another thing not corrected on AVF is the formatting ... AVF is still not actioning control characters in posts but just showing them as text. Fortunately I can use the workaround of copying my formatted text from other Sites, where the control characters are recognised and function. It is a pretty poor show though to have to rely on other Sites to do for AVF what this Site should do for itself.

Larry - I have a full time job and have to run and update everything myself. It maybe a poor show but i think we do ok considering I can't spend more time on the website.

I cant sit on a computer all day everyday trying to sort these issues.

They have been reported to the software creator - I can only wait their response.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant