Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish Football thread, Season 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

Barnes even had a better squad,Larsson,Viduka,Lambert,Burley,Stubbs etc

But we where up against a very good Rangers side who spent a fortune, full of Dutch internationlists,also didnt help Larsson got that nasty leg break,Baenes was hopless though put a young home sick Petrov at RB,and his 4-2-2-2 formations WTF.

You say spent an fortune but they spent £10.5M compared to your £11.4M

You know i prefer Celtic over Rangers all day but for me Celtic have been going backwards for years and have had no real competition until this season. Gerrard has got Rangers playing but i still believe a better manager gets more out of the players you currently have.

Whats the genuine feeling amongst Celtic fans?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a Marathon, not a Sprint ! I will open the 2019-2020 thread for the SFA Cup games next weekend.

Yep maybe, its all out of my control mate,i think 10k is still a good gesture despite certain politics up here,it will hopefully home a veteran or help some one with ptsd.

Two post we’ve agreed on my wee Timmy friend 😂😂👍

2 hours ago, avstu said:

You say spent an fortune but they spent £10.5M compared to your £11.4M

You know i prefer Celtic over Rangers all day but for me Celtic have been going backwards for years and have had no real competition until this season. Gerrard has got Rangers playing but i still believe a better manager gets more out of the players you currently have.

Whats the genuine feeling amongst Celtic fans?

No not this year,rangers have spent good n wisely,i mean late 90s,early 2000s.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, Colonel Dimitri said:

No not this year,rangers have spent good n wisely,i mean late 90s,early 2000s.

There’s not a team like the Glasgow Rangers 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, Colonel Dimitri said:

a wee short doc on celtic from al-jazeera english

 

 

Quality apart from the politics.....

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B6! said:

Quality apart from the politics.....

Cheers b6,...agree wi the politics part showing how backwards the loyalist side are in the north of Eire doesnt show them in good light,id like to see more of these (english)al jazeera documentries think theres a few different ones from clubs across the world,hopefully they make a Villa one,maybe on derby day and showing the fans on match day boozers pity addies is closed😢

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Colonel Dimitri said:

Cheers b6,...agree wi the politics part showing how backwards the loyalist side are in the north of Eire doesnt show them in good light,id like to see more of these (english)al jazeera documentries think theres a few different ones from clubs across the world,hopefully they make a Villa one,maybe on derby day and showing the fans on match day boozers pity addies is closed😢

I was on about the politics from both Loyalist and Republican sides, both sides are bigots.

The old fella with a picture of Bobby S...s on his wall, he was a terrorist. I will never forgive the IRA for their campaign of terrorism in Birmingham, sent my grand mother nuts with worry every time she went to work in the bullring indoor market.

 

But what Celtic did for that kid is incredible, that's what football should be about, that poor kid was born with downes syndrome, he won't get much in life sadly but what they gave him ,Lennon Samaras etc was an unbelievable act of kindness that money cannot buy, then to top it off goal of the month award is pure class. I would hope that all of scottish football fans voted for him to win that award.

 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, B6! said:

I was on about the politics from both Loyalist and Republican sides, both sides are bigots.

The old fella with a picture of Bobby S...s on his wall, he was a terrorist. I will never forgive the IRA for their campaign of terrorism in Birmingham, sent my grand mother nuts with worry every time she went to work in the bullring indoor market.

 

But what Celtic did for that kid is incredible, that's what football should be about, that poor kid was born with downes syndrome, he won't get much in life sadly but what they gave him ,Lennon Samaras etc was an unbelievable act of kindness that money cannot buy, then to top it off goal of the month award is pure class. I would hope that all of scottish football fans voted for him to win that award.

 

Trust me when i say this,Im disgusted what the IRA done to innocent civilians in the streets killing men,women,kids i hope they are brought to justice...Im equally disgusted with what the Brits,RUC & UDA did in Ireland too,but i dont think loyalists regret their actions for some reason,just look at the 30odd year wait for an apology for Bloody Sunday & no one brought to justice,thank God for the good Friday agreement,i personally think Irish republicans nationlists have moved on & willing to live in peace with the exception of C company-IRA,who i dont like one bit(Them that caused the Omagh bombing) there a minority,i cant say the same for the loyalists & Orange order who are akin too the KKK lets be honest here

As for B.Sands hes an icon for me wasnt terrorist but a freedom fighter in my eyes also a Villa fan LOL,i suppose we all see people different take the likes of the left Mandela,or Che/Fidel Castro or the Kurdish Abdullah Ocalan whos fighting against Turkish control & against ISIS,but are seen as terrorists.

Its weird in a way how certain politics and ideals attach themselves too football clubs across the world,Celtic & Rangers are probaly in tier1 with that sh*t along with certain other clubs across Europe.

It would feel strange to me following a football club every week without that baggage & it was only a eleven men kicking a baw haha.

 

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

Trust me when i say this,Im disgusted what the IRA done to innocent civilians in the streets killing men,women,kids i hope they are brought to justice...Im equally disgusted with what the Brits,RUC & UDA did in Ireland too,but i dont think loyalists regret their actions for some reason,just look at the 30odd year wait for an apology for Bloody Sunday & no one brought to justice,thank God for the good Friday agreement,i personally think Irish republicans nationlists have moved on & willing to live in peace with the exception of C company-IRA,who i dont like one bit(Them that caused the Omagh bombing) there a minority,i cant say the same for the loyalists & Orange order who are akin too the KKK lets be honest here

As for B.Sands hes an icon for me wasnt terrorist but a freedom fighter in my eyes also a Villa fan LOL,i suppose we all see people different take the likes of the left Mandela,or Che/Fidel Castro or the Kurdish Abdullah Ocalan whos fighting against Turkish control & against ISIS,but are seen as terrorists.

Its weird in a way how certain politics and ideals attach themselves too football clubs across the world,Celtic & Rangers are probaly in tier1 with that sh*t along with certain other clubs across Europe.

It would feel strange to me following a football club every week without that baggage & it was only a eleven men kicking a baw haha.

 

It would be nice if people could put the past behind them and look to move forward.

 

just get out there and play the football, enjoy the football rivalry without the politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Apollo said:

It would be nice if people could put the past behind them and look to move forward.

 

just get out there and play the football, enjoy the football rivalry without the politics.

Defo with ye with putting the past behind and moving foward.

The rivalary up here is toxic nothing like Utd v City or LFC v Everton,infact its suffocating at times as there is no escaping it even in everyday life,work etc because supporting one of the big two in Glesga defines who you are,people even know what team you support going by your name or what school you went too,sometimes i think it would be an easier life supporting a wee lower league club like  Ayr utd or Partick thistle,although il say one thing the atmosphere both Celtic and also Rangers can create can be electric.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...