FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

09/10 Season Ideas

Your the owner of Avillafan.com and your coming to the end of the season so you are looking at improving the website. In what way would you do this?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Hmm would it be possible to get a question and answer session with General Krulak? I know he does some for other Villa sites, of course you could filter some of the questions but would be very interesting.

I know that doesn't improve the site in the long term but its an idea.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

General Krulak:

The General does have Avillafan.com on his radar and has told me he looks over the forums on a regular basis. However, he only use's 2 major forums because he said he would be online to much if he was to go on more forums. I will talk to him about a possible Q & A though. Maybe offer the proposal of one every 3 months or so.

Main Website:

The main website is used a lot more than you think. Its viewed more times than the forum is actually viewed. However, i can see your point of the people on this forum dont neccessary use the main site. But in what ways wouldyou improve it?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Ye but thats not exactly a valid statistic, people have to go on to the main website to get onto the forums if they are a first time viewer, personally I usually just go on avillafan.com/forum. Ways id improve it, well looking at it for the first time I noticed it was a bit plain and looks less proffesional than the actual forums. video sessions would be good, like a match report after every game or something im not sure really personally ive created tones of sites but usually for xbox clans, never done anything for football or any type of sports because ive always thought there isnt much to do. I had a chat room on my site but seeing what happened to the chatroom on projectfootball i dont think its the best idea.

Yes it is a valid statistic because my control panel tells me what links are clicked etc and the site is used for the news quite a lot.

No chatroom's kill football forums so thats a big no no. I was thinking about having maybe a arcade on the forum but only if a feature can be added that user's can only use the arcade's once they have posted so many posts every 24 hours.

As for match reports, the premier league doesnt allow you to use any football footage from premier league games unless you pay a fee of £320 a season - something Avillafan.com simply doesnt make.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Even if it was just every 3 months or whatever I think it would be great to have a questions and answers with General Krulak aswell .

Just thought aswell the Q & A you do with other premiership teams , maybe if you managed to get one for are next european opponents presuming were in the Uefa Cup .I know it might be a bit much hassle but maybe with the bigger clubs if we were playing say an Ajax or Hamburg , might be to much stress but just a small thought .

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

It is a thought. I think one of the reasons this forum can be quiert at times tho is the negativity around the forums. I think the problems we had with Luke and Maverick has rubbed off on a few members around here and they look at things they way them two did which isnt the way to look at things.

But then again this is a Aston Villa forum and everyones entitled to there opinions.

Mellberg_Signature.png

other forums ive been on have anual meet ups n stuff and i think next season we should really go all out and do it whether we all meet up before a game or after i just think alot of the characters on this forum would be great to meet in peson

Archived