FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

General Transfer Talk

avstu

So who are we going to get in to replace barry as its looks more and more likely were going to miss out on C/L and our barry bargening chip.

any suggestions?

Or do we make Sidwell or Reo the heart of our midfield

Me personally id like to see and all out attacking midfielder or play maker......Kranjcar :P

what ever happens i think barrys depeature if it does happen will rock our team and MON will have to do some Sorting!

After watching on Saturday, I think he will be missed massively. But I dont think Liverpool will come in for him. And this credit crunch will really effect teams, I think thousands of fans will not renew their season tickets and the ripple effect the transfer market.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premier league top scoring teams:

Liverpool - 59 goals

Chelsea - 55 goals

Man Utd - 54 goals

Arsenal - 54 goals

Villa - 49 Goals

Were the top scoring team outside the top 4, still think we need a striker?

I disagree, alot of pressures been on the lads recently at the back and I say we give them a bit more time to adjust, till next January atleast imo and if were in a similar postion as we are now form wise then we need replacements but I just think its too early for us to controdict the team that hasnt been playing together for a season yet.

think the biggest problem is with our CB's is there both still learning the prem and playing together like you have said...cuellar has only just started at CB for and has come from scotland and is spannish so cant be too easy for him and as for davies he knew when playing with laursen he had someone who he could rely on and recieve instruction from he hasnt got that with cuellar its anything but.

Of all the players in the team our two cbs are the least skillful, there lack of control at times is awful, it always amazes me considering how often they train the lack of ball control is so poor.

I often go and watch the WBA academy train only because its on my doorstep, and if all the others are of the same type they are obsessed with big and strong first and formost. so the days of your Mcgraths and Mores are a thing of the past.

Getting back to our defence, I think MON needs to start again, forget Laurson, Davies will never be a top class player.So what little money MON gets and it will be little a top centerhalf is must.

Yes i still think we need a striker whether those stats show we are fifth in that League of highest goalscorers. We need a fox in the box someone given a sniff of a chance and he will take it. Thats what we lack and a back 4 and a keeper

I think the one thing we need, more important than anything, is a natural leader, preferbly in the defence, like Laursen gave us, i think were ok for keepers in the short term, and a playmaker in the middle, hopefully this will still be Barry.

18022009555.jpg
Yes i still think we need a striker whether those stats show we are fifth in that League of highest goalscorers. We need a fox in the box someone given a sniff of a chance and he will take it. Thats what we lack and a back 4 and a keeper

Exactly steve we need that quality striker when we play against top defences chelsea at home is the first game that comes to mind, we didnt get many chances in front of goal and when we did none of them were taken i just believe when playing better teams with good defences you need that quality striker to take those chances.

I dunno i think Petrov Is a natural leader infact id be happy to see him take over the captains armband. He in my eyes is the one that gees the players up on the pitch

Cant disagree with that Steve, he has been immense for us this term, but the back four need someone in there to keep em organised, they need a strong character with leadership qualitys in my opinion we have'nt got that without Laursen.

18022009555.jpg

i do also think we need a top finisher, i seen a stat a few weeks ago, (cant remember where and cant find it now) anyway our shots to goal ratio was not great, it was something like 1 goal to every 6 or 7 shots on target, a stat that i do remember as at the time was bettered by the likes of stoke and hull and this was also about the time of our good run so i dred to think what it is now. we have also failed to score in 10 games this season. but with only 11 clean sheets that shows our defence is just as bad.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

I would personally agree that if Barry goes it'll leave a massive hole in the midfield.

We would have to spend a lot of money to replace him & will we do it?

I dont think NRC or Sidwell would be creative enough to play Barry's position.

That being said i think if we could sort the wide men out (who have loads of chances to cross the ball & never deliver

enough quality) then we would create more.

I would aslo like to see a striker come in who will take more of the chances we create.

I know Gabby has played quite well the 1st 1/2 of the season but i just dont think he finishes enough chances.

Especailly when he has the pace to just go past people & get a shot away.

Archived