FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

General Transfer Talk

avstu

Id like to get a playmaker in tbh i think thats what were lacking and if barry does go we'll be able to move petrov down in a defensive midfield spot, something like this id like to see next season:

-----------------Friedel--------------------

L.Young Cuellar Laursen--Bouma--

-----------------Petrov---------------------

Milner---------------------------A.Young

--------------PLAYMAKER----------------

----------Carew-------------Gabby-------

With that squad, if we get the right playmaker I think will bring villa alive next season

Yes i agree that is exactly the formation i think would suit us! pref without cuellar as irish said he has just done done it for us!

And i also think we need a striker!

Id put kranjcar in that playmaker spot :thumbsup:

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a striker to score goals, we score plenty though.

Yes we did miss quite a few chances yesterday but its hardly like we cant put the ball in the net. Arnt we one of the top scorers in the league?

Defenders are needed a lot more in my opinion.

This is a Barry post though, we could disagree all day but this isnt the place for it.

We might score a lot more also if Ashley Young knew how to put a decent cross into the area every once and a while. Instead he wastes oppurtunities with poor crossing or thinks he can take the whole world on.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Yes i agree that is exactly the formation i think would suit us! pref without cuellar as irish said he has just done done it for us!

And i also think we need a striker!

Id put kranjcar in that playmaker spot :thumbsup:

appologies for the above i mean to say hasnt done it for us.....sorry had a long day

I think Villa need a new CD, maybe even two if Laursen can't cope.

I'd also say Gabby needs to be sold on and whatever we get for him needs to be put into a clinical striker who will take 9/10 chances.

Then if Barry leaves I'd say Petrov should be dropped back and a playmaker brought in....

so basically I agree with multiple people in here

Rocksteady FC

GT: BigZombieMonkey

I can see Barry staying, Just cant see Liverpool buying him if Alonso stays. is there another Prem club who might want him other than Liverpool?

If he stays i hope we go out and spend on a quality striker, we need someone in to push our strikers.

there has been talk of martins and Owen also the Bentley name has popped up again.

what you think if these came true??

Id like to get a playmaker in tbh i think thats what were lacking and if barry does go we'll be able to move petrov down in a defensive midfield spot, something like this id like to see next season:

-----------------Friedel--------------------

L.Young Cuellar Laursen--Bouma--

-----------------Petrov---------------------

Milner---------------------------A.Young

--------------PLAYMAKER----------------

----------Carew-------------Gabby-------

With that squad, if we get the right playmaker I think will bring villa alive next season

And Freidal Laursen and Cuellar have gotta go And Bouma will he be the same the only one of the back 5 (including Keeper) id keep is Luke Young we need a complete new back line

Id be one of the first to agree our defence has been poor, but i think players like Cuellar and Davies have potential. The best defences in the premiership are those that have played for so long together.

Chelsea conceded very few when Terry and Carvalho were consistantly playing together, the same with Ferdinand and Vidic, we even looked stronger when Laursen and Davies were playing with each other week in week out. It doesnt help when you have a new partner each week.

think the biggest problem is with our CB's is there both still learning the prem and playing together like you have said...cuellar has only just started at CB for and has come from scotland and is spannish so cant be too easy for him and as for davies he knew when playing with laursen he had someone who he could rely on and recieve instruction from he hasnt got that with cuellar its anything but.

Archived