FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
b_6262.pngBELARUS 1 ENGLAND 3 b_497.png

K.O: 19.30 Ground: Dinamo Stadion

Fabio Capello's England tackle Belarus on Wednesday night aiming to record their fourth consecutive World Cup qualifying victory in Group 6.

Italian coach Capello has left the critics with little ammunition to work with after leading his charges to successes over Andorra, Croatia and, most recently, Kazakhstan.

Three away points in Minsk would set an England record while, perhaps more significantly, it would hand the country a hearty fillip with the next competitive encounter not until April 2009.

Belarus, though, are a gifted side that held South American giants Argentina and Euro 2008 finalists Germany to stalemates in friendly meetings in August and May respectively, and also overcame the Dutch in a European Championship qualifier last year.

Skipper Rio

Bernd Stange's men opened their path to South Africa with an injury-time loss to Ukraine, but responded in their second outing to dispose of Andorra 3-1.

The fixture at Dinamo Stadium is Belarus' first at home in Group 6 as Stange looks to overcome a nation that lies 45 places higher than his charges in the Fifa world rankings.

Stand-in captain Rio Ferdinand will continue to lead England in the absence of John Terry - who has failed to recover from a back injury - with the Manchester United centre-back set to be partnered with Matthew Upson in the heart of defence for the second game running.

Left-back Ashley Cole, who was victim of booing from a minority of the Wembley faithful last weekend, is absent with a hamstring injury so Wayne Bridge is poised to make his first competitive England start in almost a year.

Capello's main conundrum is themed around the centre of midfield as the much-debated poser of whether Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard can operate alongside one another successfully continues to rumble on.

The AC Milan, Juventus, Roma and Real Madrid coach must first choose whether to implement a four or five-man midfield, with the former - offset behind the spearhead of strikers Wayne Rooney and Emile Heskey - working more effectively in the second period against the Kazakhs.

Hleb absence

With Joe Cole still sidelined, Capello may opt to play Gerrard on the left-side of a foursome, with Gareth Barry partnering Lampard centrally and Zagreb hero Theo Walcott, 19, on the right wing.

Belarus are without captain and star playmaker Alexander Hleb after the Barcelona player failed to recover from ankle ligament damage.

Stange will look to the likes of striker Vitali Rodionov, who scored in the win over Andorra last month, and 22-year-old BATE Borisov midfielder Igor Stasevich as he looks to claim what would be a memorable and shock scalp.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Half Time

Belarus 1 England 1

Scorching goal from Steven Gerrard for England.

Wes Brown - well how the hell does he continue to keep that right back position? The best midfielder for us has been Barry and hes been poor.

Come on england.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Full Time

Belarus 1 England 3

Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney x 2.

Much better second half for england.

Mellberg_Signature.png

considering Gerrard and Lampard cant play together we win more games when they do! They may not look brilliant scoring goals an creating loads like they do for their clubs but England win.

For me the performance is nothing, even though i have to sit through it id take the win every time over the performance.

Lets just get off their backs and if they keep winning its fine with me.

• 2 months later...
Guest B90villa

I run coaches to England home and away games, and am running a trip to Amsterdam next August for the friendly match. I have reserved a 90 seater so have more spaces available than usual, so thought I'd put a post on here.

I can sort tickets for anybody interested.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------

ITINERARY:

Tuesday 11th August:

Leave first pick up point early in the morning (approx 6am, please find details of pick up points below.)

Pick up en-route to Dover.

Catch a ferry from Dover to Calais before lunch time.

Make 4/5 hour journey to Amsterdam, aiming to arrive at our hotel early evening.

Wednesday 12th August:

Matchday.

Thursday 13th August:

Leave hotel around 9.30am for Calais.

Catch a lunchtime/early afternoon ferry to Dover.

Make journey back to the Midlands, dropping off en-route. Aim to have made all drop off's by early evening.

PICK UP POINTS;

The coach will originate in Kidderminster (where the coach depot is), and then pick up in Birmingham City Centre, or Wolverhampton if there is enough demand. (If this is the case we would still pick up in Birmingham anyway).

We would then travel via the M1/M25. I am able to accomodate pick up's en-route, as long as we don't stray from the motorway. So please let me know if you require a pick up.

I would imagine the popular pick up's would be:

Watford Gap Services

Northampton Services

South Mimms Services

Thurrock Services (Lakeside)

HOTEL:

The hotel I have reserved is a 4 star hotel on the edge of Amsterdam, in close proximity to the stadium. However, it has a direct public transport link to the centre of Amsterdam, and a taxi supposedly costs about 10/15 euros in to the centre.

I have contacted 50+ hotels in Amsterdam, and near to 100 in Holland overall, and only a very small amount have come back to me with spaces available, never mind at reasonable prices.

The hotel is the Mercure Aan de Amstel.

COACH:

The coach I have reserved is a top of the range, 89 seater double decker. It has a DVD/CD player, toilet, two stairways, fridge, etc etc.

Alcohol is permitted.

PRICE:

Due to the fact that I am just an amateur wanting to keep cost minimal organising this trip , it is hard at the moment for me to give a set price, with the exchange rate, and also the price per head for the coach depending on numbers.

Therefore, I am going to call it £130 per person, based on sharing a twin room. This price includes the coach, ferry and two night's in the hotel with breakfast. This price is subject to change, although it is unlikely that it will increase, and if it does then it wouldn't be more than £10 per person.

The single room supplement looks to be around £70 per person.

I would have liked to have kept the cost lower for this trip, which I thought I could, but it seems I under-estimated hotel costs slightly.

Because of this, I am considering giving people the option of just paying for the coach and sorting their own accomodation. In this case, the coach would be £50 per person.

Please let me know if you intend to do this.

Either way, I require a £30 deposit immediately, and the remaining balance by the 17th June.

UNDER 21's

It seems that a lot of people are keen to do the under 21's match on the Tuesday night. I have contacted the Dutch FA, but it doesn't appear that a venue will be confirmed any time soon.

If, when the venue is confirmed, it turns out to be in close proximity to Amsterdam, I will consider doing a coach to the game. We would therefore have to leave England slightly earlier than planned. Watch this space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in this trip or wish to reserve places, please contact me either by e-mail or phone.

chris.cooper97@gmail.com

07846 309 082

Archived