FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh i hope england lose, will teach that italian tw@ to overlook young - the 2nd best winger in the country (words of sir alex btw) and other players that deserve it more than the overhyped lot like lampard, it doesnt look a very strong team, ash cole, lampard and a couple of others only started training today and they will probly start... i really thought copello wouldnt pick on reputation but seems i was wrong.. tho bullards call up might mean im slightly wrong again there.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

We wont lose and i hope we dont lose. For as long as Ashley is overlooked, the fitter and more determined he is for Villa as far as im concerned.

My lineup would be from the squad picked..

------------------------------ GREEN ------------------------------

----- G JOHNSON ----- FERDINAND --- TERRY --- A COLE -----

----- BECKHAM ----- BARRY ----- LAMPARD ----- J COLE ------

------------------ HESKEY --------- ROONEY ---------------------

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

i know what Alan is trying to say and in away i agree hate to see our National team losing but it would tell Capello that he aint gonna win by playing players that are not worthy Heskey downing crouch 3 i can think off already that are useless

England take their first steps on the road to South Africa this weekend when they face Andorra in Barcelona.

Having missed out on a place at Euro 2008 this summer, the Three Lions know that anything less than convincing qualification for the World Cup finals in two years' time will not be tolerated.

With greater tests yet to come, Fabio Capello will be delighted that his first competitive game in charge of the national team pitches him against European minnows.

The Italian has made a less than impressive start to his tenure in football's toughest hot-seat, with his tactics and team selection already having come under question.

Five friendlies may have brought three victories, and just one defeat, but wins over Switzerland, United States and Trinidad & Tobago were expected and have failed to satisfy a fickle fan base.

Lacklustre showings against France and Czech Republic appear to show that those in charge have failed to learn the lessons of previous regimes, while adding to the frustration of those who continue to follow their country with pride and passion.

Capello need only look to England's last visit to the Olympic Stadium in Catalunya to find an ideal example of how mediocrity will not be tolerated by demanding supporters.

Steve McClaren's England toiled for long periods against Andorra in 2007, before eventually emerging with a 3-0 win.

There are few who doubt that the Three Lions will once again head home victorious from their jaunt to Spain, especially as their opponents break the monotonous cliche of there being 'no easy games in international football'.

Tough task

David Rodrigo's side have won just once during a less than illustrious history, with that solitary success coming against the might of Macedonia four years ago.

They finished pointless during their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign, racking up a goal difference of -40.

The Andorrans have already lost their opening game this time around, 3-0 to Kazakhstan, and head into Saturday's encounter hoping for respectability rather than three points.

A quick glance through their squad shows the mammoth gulf in class between their plucky battlers and England's millionaire superstars.

Three members of Rodrigo's side play their club football for AC Andorra in the Spanish third division, while 37-year-old Toni Lima does not even play domestic football - only turning out for the national side.

Injuries ease

With that in mind, even a depleted England squad should have little trouble in disposing of fragile opposition.

Capello has had cause for concern during the build-up to the game, but those problems appear to have eased.

Frank Lampard is expected to have shaken off a thigh problem in time to make the starting XI, while Joe Cole should be fit after a recent calf injury.

John Terry (bug), Wes Brown and Ashley Cole (both knee) have also returned to training and are pushing for a place in the manager's plans.

Rio Ferdinand continues to struggle with a stiff neck and remains the only doubt, with Matthew Upson or Joleon Lescott ready to deputise.

While the majority of the England players are now old hands when it comes to international competition, Saturday's game could see Fulham's Jimmy Bullard earn his first cap after he was handed a surprise call-up in the wake of Steven Gerrard's groin problems.

England's possible starting XI: James, Brown, Ferdinand, Terry, A. Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Barry, J. Cole, Rooney, Defoe.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

ANDORRA 0 ENGLAND 4

WALES 1 AZERBAIJAN 0

MACEDONIA 1 SCOTLAND 1

GEORGIA 0 REP IRELAND 2

SLOVAKIA 0 N IRELAND 0

Take it as there your predictions, i would of predicted a few if i had done it in time. Just checking scores at the moment in speaking and we have:

MACEDONIA 1 SCOTLAND 0 (FT)

WALES 1 AZERBAIJAN 0 (FT) - correct score

SLOVAKIA 1 NORTHERN IRELAND 0 (LATEST)

GEORGIA 0 REP OF IRELAND 1 (LATEST)

So your on for 2 possible scores with 3rd if england decide to be half decent today.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived