Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Jota Signs


Recommended Posts

Official: Jota Signs

Jota3.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=1280&w=1280&vs

Welcome, Jota!

 

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Jota from Birmingham City. 

The winger has joined for an undisclosed fee and will team up with former boss Dean Smith at Villa Park after putting put pen to paper on a two-year deal. 

After starting his career in his native Spain with the likes of Celta Vigo, Real Madrid B and Eibar, he got his first taste of English football with Brentford, joining the Bees in 2014. 

 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is everyones opinion on this signing?

I am of the belief that it is a 'trust Smith' kind of season. Being a 2-year deal is a safe one for Villa in my opinion also.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, avstu said:

What is everyones opinion on this signing?

I am of the belief that it is a 'trust Smith' kind of season. Being a 2-year deal is a safe one for Villa in my opinion also.

 Smith worked with him at Brentford, he must rate him and a look at his record of 69 appearances and 23 goals would explain why, quite a record for a winger.

It also sees Gardner go in the opposite direction so could be a shrewd bit of business.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dorset lion said:

 Smith worked with him at Brentford, he must rate him and a look at his record of 69 appearances and 23 goals would explain why, quite a record for a winger.

It also sees Gardner go in the opposite direction so could be a shrewd bit of business.

 

Indeed. Be interesting to see how he links up with the likes of Grealish.

 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two years is a short contract.  Methinks that is the new owners talking.  No getting stuffed up with long contracts to pay off.  I can understand it.

I trust Smith on his judgement of the player.  It is not like he is going in blind.  He has worked with the player before and knows everything he needs to know about him.  

That's the cake.  Gardner leaving is the icing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, accute attention to derail said:

Two years is a short contract.  Methinks that is the new owners talking.  No getting stuffed up with long contracts to pay off.  I can understand it.

I trust Smith on his judgement of the player.  It is not like he is going in blind.  He has worked with the player before and knows everything he needs to know about him.  

That's the cake.  Gardner leaving is the icing.

I think with Adomah going, Green will go out on loan as i dont think he is ready for Premiership football so we could well see someone else come in yet.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, avstu said:

I think with Adomah going, Green will go out on loan as i dont think he is ready for Premiership football so we could well see someone else come in yet.

I'm assuming Jota is a squad player signing,  rather than a starter. 

Got to be looking at better players than Jota for the starting 11.  Imo 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Apollo said:

Can’t say I have ever really taken any notice of the guy. Fingers crossed that he can cut the mustard.

All i know is he destroyed us when we played Brentford under Smith

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, avstu said:

All i know is he destroyed us when we played Brentford under Smith

I wouldn’t know mate, I have missed a lot of the football since my son has been playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...