FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Is our Academy that poor?

rufustfirefly

1 hour ago, Dublin Villain said:

Sounds like he has a great attitude and he seems to be doing well on loan. I found it very frustrating that Smith brought players like O'Hare onto the bench but never gave them a chance and instead we would see someone like Elmo trudge on. 

We have feck all to play for this season, we're not going up and we're not going down....well I doubt it anyway and we will never have had a better chance to blood some of these players but at least a lot of them have gone out on loan which is good. 

Supposedly Smith didn't want him to go on loan but Callum wanted to take a similar path to Grealish who went on loan to Notts County if you remember. Jack seems to be the go to guy for the younger lads, they all ask him for advice and look up to him which is why Jack is so valuable for us. This lad knows that Jack is very good mates with Alli at Spurs, read into whatever you like there but i don't like it lol. 

5 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Supposedly Smith didn't want him to go on loan but Callum wanted to take a similar path to Grealish who went on loan to Notts County if you remember. Jack seems to be the go to guy for the younger lads, they all ask him for advice and look up to him which is why Jack is so valuable for us. This lad knows that Jack is very good mates with Alli at Spurs, read into whatever you like there but i don't like it lol. 

Interesting insight thanks! At least Smith has shown some kind of willingness to include a few anyway and it's good that they're not just sitting around in the U23's. 

Seems to be close to a few like that, mind you he'd win just as much at Tottenham as he will here, sweet feck all😀

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Archived