FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

JavvieSmalls

2 hours ago, JavvieSmalls said:

Sad and not surprised at some of the reactions.

Seeing utter nonsense like polls for Smith in or out, "is the job actually too much for him?", , "what is JT doing?", "he needs to turn it round quick", "dont know about 'smith out', cos who can we get?" Like it should actually be f*cking discussed, as well as other crap.

First bad spell and our fans are having a breakdown.

Stupid stuff as ever, yesterday laid bare how serious the problems are at VIlla. It's utter madness to want a change again or to think it would help.

Villa is beyond fixing in January, it's just not realistic to think we can assemble a new team this window. 

It was the manner of the defeat and lack of effort form the players that was the worst thing about yesterday. It doesn't matter what the manager does if the players can't be bothered like yesterday.

I really would have expected to see some improvement in defence with Terry involved though.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

55 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Let's not forget that he hasn't even had a full transfer window yet. It's clear that a lot of the players here aren't good enough for the football that we want to play. 

Spot on Rich. To many players are to comfortable in their positions. Hourihane and Taylor haven't been good enough and bolasie and el ghazi need dropping now they aren't playing well enough. I'd like to see 2 up front from now on. 

2 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Spot on Rich. To many players are to comfortable in their positions. Hourihane and Taylor haven't been good enough and bolasie and el ghazi need dropping now they aren't playing well enough. I'd like to see 2 up front from now on. 

Bolasie El Ghazi offered nothing at Wigan---Birkir Hourihane  disappeared Whelan was a waste of space, Taylor looks lost,drop them all they simply cannot now play the way Smithy wants them to--ive got doubts about Albert too--we need to offload and get players in who are able to play the Smith way----

fully agree with 2 up front----Tammy cant do it all ----he got absolute zilch support it was embarassing---

time for a fair few to shape up or ship out---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

48 minutes ago, freddy said:

Bolasie El Ghazi offered nothing at Wigan---Birkir Hourihane  disappeared Whelan was a waste of space, Taylor looks lost,drop them all they simply cannot now play the way Smithy wants them to--ive got doubts about Albert too--we need to offload and get players in who are able to play the Smith way----

fully agree with 2 up front----Tammy cant do it all ----he got absolute zilch support it was embarassing---

time for a fair few to shape up or ship out---

I've noticed something recently. Blues have a very basic team but they play 2 up top and cause teams trouble and have centre midfielders that will run themselves ragged every game. We have a lot of players that have superstar attitudes because they had a good season once for another team. I would be tempted to get a few players in who haven't got much of a name and a lot to prove. There are some very decent players in the lower divisions but not only that 9.9 times out of 10 they put in so much effort and that's all I want personally. I'm sick of some of these stars who think their place is guaranteed. The worry is the money (ffp) situation we are in. I'm sure Smith will sort it. 

We never replaced Jack's position which is criminal. He's an essential outlet for us, brings others into the game, sprays the ball round, keeps the ball, wins set pieces etc. To not put someone in his role is baffling. 

Bar the odd goal or decent bit of play I haven't seen enough from El Ghazi,  Bolasie, Hourihane, Bjarnason,  Whelan, Taylor, Hutton, Kodja and even Adomah this season. On paper we have the best squad in the league but they've come here and not performed. This summer will be huge as we need to ship a lot of players out and bring in reliable assets to mix with our promising youth

mzjj.jpg

^^^^^  quite right Rich but--who do we have that can take Jack,s place?? folk say McGinn was bought as a replacement but with no Jack in the games since Albion weve seen what an awful predicament we are in McGinn virtually alone in midfield!! the lad works his b*** off and is quite ticking on empty in the second half---the players you mention have to me all been a bitter disappoinment,the odd touch of skill or quality but there it stops---no consistancy no passion no pride unfit and----indeed "not fit to wear the shirt"

,--a big big mistake to me has been buying at vastly overinflated fees players who have either already "made it" and in their own mind have no need to prove themselves with ASTON VILLA or players who are in the twilight of their careers and see Villa as a final pension pay off----mis management all the f****g    way!!!!!!!

f.f.s Deano  recall Green Clark and Gardner--- forget your past this is ASTON VILLA not Walsall nor Brentford    these are players with egos who wont be dictated to!! revert to 4-4-2  give Tammy and McGinn some f*****g help --get rid of the overflowing dross bring your own players in and then revert back to 4-3-3 coz this current situation is killing us!!!!! 

a big big question i ask is what will happen when McGinn has to serve a 2 match ban?? which is only one booking away??????? midfield is surrendered every game now---at least McGinn shows some resistance----,

VTID-----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

5 hours ago, freddy said:

^^^^^  quite right Rich but--who do we have that can take Jack,s place?? folk say McGinn was bought as a replacement but with no Jack in the games since Albion weve seen what an awful predicament we are in McGinn virtually alone in midfield!! the lad works his b*** off and is quite ticking on empty in the second half---the players you mention have to me all been a bitter disappoinment,the odd touch of skill or quality but there it stops---no consistancy no passion no pride unfit and----indeed "not fit to wear the shirt"

,--a big big mistake to me has been buying at vastly overinflated fees players who have either already "made it" and in their own mind have no need to prove themselves with ASTON VILLA or players who are in the twilight of their careers and see Villa as a final pension pay off----mis management all the f****g    way!!!!!!!

f.f.s Deano  recall Green Clark and Gardner--- forget your past this is ASTON VILLA not Walsall nor Brentford    these are players with egos who wont be dictated to!! revert to 4-4-2  give Tammy and McGinn some f*****g help --get rid of the overflowing dross bring your own players in and then revert back to 4-3-3 coz this current situation is killing us!!!!! 

a big big question i ask is what will happen when McGinn has to serve a 2 match ban?? which is only one booking away??????? midfield is surrendered every game now---at least McGinn shows some resistance----,

VTID-----

Quite right mate. We're screwed even more without McGinn, what a revelation he's been eh! 

mzjj.jpg

3 hours ago, JustRich said:

Quite right mate. We're screwed even more without McGinn, what a revelation he's been eh! 

Aye man  McGinns been brilliant  never gives up---------where would we be without him?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Archived