FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

John Terry to sign for Spartak Moscow.

Colonel Dimitri

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to know if we will pursue this but a real shame if we don't. It's very simple, Terry will significantly improve us.

Seems De Laet is leaving on loan, never given a chance. Bruce has been making strange decisions for some time now and the defensive mess is entirely his own fault. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I wouldn’t entirely blame Bruce. He’s had to navigate through a turbulent summer and has done well to get this squad together. Ideally he’d have kept Terry on in the first place, but couldn’t due to Xia’s mess. De Laet is 3rd or 4th choice right back so would be unfair to keep him doing nothing. 

9 hours ago, Andy said:

A lot will have to improve for us to the in the promotion race. An extra defender won’t guarantee anything. After the summer we’ve had, if we’re in touching distance of the playoffs in January, I’ll be very happy. 

Ordinarily I'd agree with that but when you only have 1 CB then the addition of a player of Terry's calibre can make one hell of a difference.

What worries me about Terry is the fact that we are his second option.

Why are we only going for him now and why didn't we offer him a deal before he even contemplated Moscow?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

8 minutes ago, avstu said:

What worries me about Terry is the fact that we are his second option.

Why are we only going for him now and why didn't we offer him a deal before he even contemplated Moscow?

I don’t think we are his 2nd option. I think he would’ve happily stayed on and only left as a favour to help financially. The only reason he’s not there is because we either can’t afford or don’t want to pay him what he’s asking for. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I don’t think we are his 2nd option. I think he would’ve happily stayed on and only left as a favour to help financially. The only reason he’s not there is because we either can’t afford or don’t want to pay him what he’s asking for. 

You say that but the deal he was offered at Spartak was around £45k a week.

Villa will be paying similar to that for Bolasie. That doesn't include the other lads. I bet Abrahams isn't cheap either.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

14/09/2018 : SSN are reporting today that JT has held talks with Chelsea about returning there as a coach. There will be no chance of JT returning to AVFC if that pans out.

Sarri said he’s spoken to him and he’s been training there. Would make sense for him, unless he genuinely feels he can still play competitively every week. He’ll need to reduce his wage demands though. 

Archived