FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

John Terry to sign for Spartak Moscow.

Colonel Dimitri

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The former

Chelsea

defender has been without a club since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season.

He will fill the void left by Samuel Gigot who is expected to miss the rest of the campaign with injury, according to Sky Italia.

The 37-year-old had hinted at a return to Villa this week but has opted against re-joining Steve Bruce's side.

"I loved my time at Aston Villa," he told the

Daily Mail

. "I am still devastated that we didn't go up. The manager, players and supporters were incredible with me but I hate losing and I feel there is unfinished business there.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

08/09/2018 : Spartak's gain is Villa's loss and although I wish John Terry well overall, there will be exceptions !

Europa Group G : Villarreal, Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow, Rangers.

I wondered what Spartak actually meant, per Google translate : спартак = spartak = Spartacus ...

... does that mean all their players are rebellious slaves (as opposed to Slavs smartass-smiley-face.gif ) ?!

AVFC RFC SAFC

Some reports that Terry has decided not to join Spartak Moscow. It would have been a very strange move at this point in his career. Certainly doesn’t seem in any rush to commit to anything and I wonder if retirement would be the most viable option for him, with a view to coaching. 

4 hours ago, Andy said:

Some reports that Terry has decided not to join Spartak Moscow. It would have been a very strange move at this point in his career. Certainly doesn’t seem in any rush to commit to anything and I wonder if retirement would be the most viable option for him, with a view to coaching. 

Seems a silly move to start with. I can't understand the reason why he would want to go to Russia.

People say money but the reported wages are less than he was on here last season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Archived