FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Thierry Henry

villagaz711

22 minutes ago, Loyalvillan said:

Been a while folks!! lol

This could be a mistake and a big gamble, just like the chance we took with RDM! 

For me Bruce is still the man to get us up!

The one question i do ask is why is it more of a gamble than sticking with Bruce who failed last season or applying another new manager.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, avstu said:

The one question i do ask is why is it more of a gamble than sticking with Bruce who failed last season or applying another new manager.

I still back Bruce and think overall he had done a decent Job, net spend was low and we were one game from the Target! 

I see the attraction of Henry as he is right up there with the best every players in the Prem...or ever! ...I just think we need to remain with the proven track record and experience of Bruce,. and if he was to Leave then that would be the credentials of any new manager imo.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

5 minutes ago, Loyalvillan said:

I still back Bruce and think overall he had done a decent Job, net spend was low and we were one game from the Target! 

I see the attraction of Henry as he is right up there with the best every players in the Prem...or ever! ...I just think we need to remain with the proven track record and experience of Bruce,. and if he was to Leave then that would be the credentials of any new manager imo.

Net spend was low but wages rose massively last season under him.

Obviously what will be will be. I just hope regardless all fans get on board and behind the side. Hate it when the fans are divided. Thats what forums are for haha.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Nice guy Bruce but not his biggest done a job of stabilising the squad after a rocky few years, between October-February I think Villa were on fire and clearly on course for promotion, however I do feel we threw it away in the end, we had a much better squad than Cardiff and should have clinched second place. At times I think defensive tactics may have played huge factor towards the end especially in that play off final. 

Saying all this I feel Bruce deserves at least to start the season, I mean whoever the new manager is going to be they'll need to get to know the new squad and with the new season only two weeks away...

Henry would be an ambitious appointment but at the moment I wouldn't like to take any risks, we've already taken a few risks and look at what it nearly done to us!

Much rather see Rafa come! think we can offer him a better deal than Newcastle!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, avstu said:

He also failed with the most expensive assembled squad in the division.

People say he didn’t spend a lot last year but he increased our wage budget a lot with loan signings.

The only reason I’d stick with him is because of how close we are to the start of the season.

Its only on here that I read we have the most expensive squad, elsewhere its an accolade 'Boro were getting. Their manager is also viewed by many at his previous 2 clubs as a Dinosaur, whatever happened to those two clubs ?

RDM spent big on Kodjia and McCormack, Bruce isn't to blame for the absence of those two last year, his only expensive buy is Hogan and even the best managers sign a turkey from time to time and while a couple of loans didn't work out, Johnstone, Snodgrass and Grabben contributed plenty.

It was the received wisdom not so long ago that it took 3 years for a manager to build HIS squad, we haven't had one given the cash or the time since MON and if we can't give a manager the cash I'd like to give this one the time because he has improved us.

4 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

25/07/2018 17:50 : SSN (TV) has just reported that Steve Bruce will take charge of the team tonight, following his meeting with the new co-owners today.

I have just posted the above on the Aston Villa v West Ham match thread.

SSN also said in the same report that they do not expect any further news on Steve Bruce today.

AVFC RFC SAFC

25/07/2018 18:52 : BBC has just reported that Steve Bruce is staying, but the AVFC website is currently down !

Looks like VG nipped in just in time !

AVFC RFC SAFC

Archived