FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish football thread 2016/17

B6!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor decision if Celtic don't take there allocation. Ireland played the North in Windsor during far more dangerous times with fans being allowed travel.

While the potential for trouble is there I don't think it's right to assume it would be inevitable. The police up there are hugely experienced at handling potential major public order incidents. It seems the police are pressuring Celtic into that decision.

The football is what matters but it's being lost in all this talk of date changes, no fans being allowed travel and potential trouble. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

DV, in the international games at Windsor, away fans were banned but quite a few ROI fans sat in the home ends undercover. But i quite rightly agree it would be an absolute shame if Celtic didn't uptake their allocation.

14 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

DV, in the international games at Windsor, away fans were banned but quite a few ROI fans sat in the home ends undercover. But i quite rightly agree it would be an absolute shame if Celtic didn't uptake their allocation.

I didn't realise they were banned. I just assumed as my Uncle was there supporting Ireland in 93. He must have been undercover ha

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley sells entire Rangers shareholding

Rangers are enjoying an extremely exciting time, looks like Celtic's time is coming to an end.

Gers on the up.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

5 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Very poor decision if Celtic don't take there allocation. Ireland played the North in Windsor during far more dangerous times with fans being allowed travel.

While the potential for trouble is there I don't think it's right to assume it would be inevitable. The police up there are hugely experienced at handling potential major public order incidents. It seems the police are pressuring Celtic into that decision.

The football is what matters but it's being lost in all this talk of date changes, no fans being allowed travel and potential trouble. 

its celtic board/pr to blame,they are more concerened about the image of celtic,because of past fines from uefa fines we usually behave on our travels but whats got us into trouble is a bit of pyro,flares/smoke bombs & naughty political banners,...if linfield cant gaurentee it should be moved to say Liverpool,potentialy could be trouble but ive heard Windsor park we wont see each other as we will be directed to the stadium without seeing each other from the falls rd so will be well segregated,trust me celtic fans will be there anyway lol,i was looking forward to a bit of bedlam,linfield wont be happy a team that usually only gets 2-3k will lose out on money,i want too play it on the 11th with us getting a full stand

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

30 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

confirmed over here that Celtic get no tickets for game at Windsor. Ridiculous

hopefully linfield sell celtic fans tickets directly no need for celtic fc to get involved then,best solution is cancel orange & bonfire celebrations this yr to let it happen:biggrin:

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

CROSSING THE DIVIDE 

Rangers kid Aidan McAdams completes move from Celtic and says he’s buzzing to join ‘a massive club with a proud history’

The 18-year-old has moved to the Gers academy set-up after coming through the ranks at the Hoops

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Archived