FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish football thread 2016/17

B6!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, markymark said:

Correct if wrong, but I've got Aberdeen with an underwhelming 19 trophies in their history.

Better to have burned bright, if only for a moment, than past through unnoticed. :wave

But an underwhelming 19 UNTAINTED trophies:whistle

2 hours ago, CornyAVFC said:

But an underwhelming 19 UNTAINTED trophies:whistle

Please correct if wrong ( I usually am), but not everything Rangers have achieved in their was due to shady crooks running the club.

The players still won the trophies, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts etc didn't throw the matches or play poorly, because of the financial management of Rangers.  IMO its unfair to blacken the name of a world famous club, its achievements and its fans, because rich business men involved in the club were crooks or completely incompetent in running a business, and if that's the case what were the SFA doing whilst this was happening, are they not also negligent in the role as the overseers of the game in Scotland?

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

DAN DEAL 

Rangers have confirmed the signing of Daniel Candeias, with the Benfica winger becoming Pedro Caixinha’s FIFTH summer swoop

He posted on Instagram: “FanLuv, big announcement alert soon! Stay tuned! #BigMoveAlert #Dembelition #InVIncibleOnTheWay.”

DEM ON ALERT 

Celtic star Moussa Dembele leaves fans guessing after teasing ‘big move’ announcement on Instagram

4 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

U a Rangers fan then Mark? For selfish reasons, i hope he goes lol, but i would say Celtic will get an unbelievable fee for him if he goes, a tidy profit indeed.

No, Corny i'm not a Gers man, but I have a soft spot for them, when I was growing up, Graeme Souness was manager and they had half the England team, big name signings back in the day, and it continued with guys like Albertz and Laudrup who imo was a truly world class player.

Unfortunately for Celtic, they are like the vast majority of clubs, in that if they have a good player the big fish just turn their heads and their gone.  'It is what it is', they should as you say at least make a very tidy profit him, so ultimately everyone wins.

Fair play Mark, yes they had some good players, Albertz had some shot on him lol. Unfortunately for Celtic don't think they would be able to compete with the big clubs in Europe in respect of wages etc.

10 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

Fair play Mark, yes they had some good players, Albertz had some shot on him lol. Unfortunately for Celtic don't think they would be able to compete with the big clubs in Europe in respect of wages etc.

It's always been that way Corny, there's always been the big clubs taking from the smaller teams.

It is just a larger pool now, back in the 80's Liverpool and Man Utd always got the best players.

Archived