FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The general discussion thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. Not sure there's anything overly exciting I really want to do that I haven't done already, apart from marry you at the Addies and live happily ever after under the Holte, obviously...

I forgot to mention! After reading this post this afternoon I was in the garden and heard chickens in my neigbours garden. I pooped my head over the fence to see 6 chickens happily clucking around th

Is there anything those barbaric Kanajun colonist,webbed fingered,inbreds wont do to wash the seal blood off their hands?Still I suppose,once you bash the poor little seal buggers skulls in,what's lef

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or

drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't

get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright colored

lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and

when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took

hitchhiking .

As kids, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun.

We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. We shared

one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died

from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in

it, but we weren't overweight because...... WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were

back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps of wood and then ride

down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes and kerbs few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at

all, no 99 channels on cable, no cd movies, no surround sound, no mobile

phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat

rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no

lawsuits from these accidents .

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and case balles and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or

rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't

had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law!

We'd sneek into our favourite football teams ground without paying, we'd pick up bottles just to get the half penny return.

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem

solvers and inventors ever!

The past 60 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW

TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

Those were the days boys!!!!!

forever, that is so true, do you know what you posted is what i learned my touch typing on and i still have about four copies of it. along with the following verse,

The quick brown fox jumpa over the lazy doge back. and this of course holds every letter in the alphabet.

but i have to say that jellied eels and chips is a bit posh for me, my tea was bread and dripping with salt on and brown sauce, and margerine with sugar on. not to forget the pieces of bread dipped in the fat of the meat that was being cooked. we called it a piece of dip. both you and i could add so much more that these young uns would never believe us would they?

forever, that is so true, do you know what you posted is what i learned my touch typing on and i still have about four copies of it. along with the following verse,

The quick brown fox jumpa over the lazy doge back. and this of course holds every letter in the alphabet.

but i have to say that jellied eels and chips is a bit posh for me, my tea was bread and dripping with salt on and brown sauce, and margerine with sugar on. not to forget the pieces of bread dipped in the fat of the meat that was being cooked. we called it a piece of dip. both you and i could add so much more that these young uns would never believe us would they?

Rog, I really don't think they would. As for the bread dipped in fat, my gran tells me that is what they lived on during the war years, and indeed she puts this down to her longevity, 99 this year and still going strong, got all her marbels and still walks in and out of the village, of course at the same time she attributes her monthly bottle of bells to her longevity as well :lol: and when she's had two glasses you know about it.

Think one could go on and on, but I really do wish someone would tell/show me how to put fookin pictures onto web sites, as so far its all been gobbledeygook, no matter how I try.

Chips cooked in beef dripping !! mmmmm

had them last year at the black country museum

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Rog, I really don't think they would. As for the bread dipped in fat, my gran tells me that is what they lived on during the war years, and indeed she puts this down to her longevity, 99 this year and still going strong, got all her marbels and still walks in and out of the village, of course at the same time she attributes her monthly bottle of bells to her longevity as well :lol: and when she's had two glasses you know about it.

Think one could go on and on, but I really do wish someone would tell/show me how to put fookin pictures onto web sites, as so far its all been gobbledeygook, no matter how I try.

its easy to put pictures on forever. dont ask me how to do it but it is lol. as for your gran. thats nice to hear and i wish her all the best.

Forever,

You have to register with imageshack.com which is free and takes only a few minutes,upload the pictures from your pc to the site.

Once the picture is uploaded on the left of the screen are several links to your pictures, copy the link then come back to avillafan and when posting a message use the "insert image" icon at the top and paste the plink into the box!

Then Roberts your dads brother!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• 2 weeks later...

Poets day tomorrow :thumbsup:

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

• 2 weeks later...