FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Morpheus

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

That is certainly one opinion but three managers last season gave Grealish opportunities to play and he was poor.

You could argue that was indeed caused by injuries or not having the right quality around him but I think periods of non selection were due to more than that especially under Garde. I would also add that very few managers would single out a player for criticism in public for obvious reasons.

I also don't think it promotes unity in a team fighting relegation when one player in a warm up is wearing something completely different than the others, especially a young player. It shows a total lack of discipline and a big billy bollox attitude which was picked up on by punditry.

However it might well be that Grealish under RDM and Clarke will show a more mature attitude on and off the pitch this season producing better performances but if he doesn't he will not get away with the same antics and may find himself cast out again for much of the season hence my suggestion in selling him for the right price.

Correct me if I am wrong but in another argument you state that Veretout is a decent player and was hindered by those players ahead of him. What's the difference? Your idea that there was more to it is purely speculation.

Again, I agree that he shouldn't have worn a different shirt but it isn't the end of the world and doesn't imply a lack of discipline; a lack of leadership from the manager and senior players maybe to allow that to happen. On that point, I also don't agree with players arriving at away fixtures and getting off the coach with big headphones on. Looks completely unprofessional and tacky to say the least but I have never seen anyone discuss that.

Regarding him being given opportunities last season - he started 7 league games. To put that into perspective Bacuna started 27 including 10 of those in midfield (taken from WhoScored.com). That is before mentioning Lescott and Guzan. Again, you could speculate that all three could have started more due to Grealish's 'attitude' but the simple fact was that all three were repeatedly poor and given opportunity after opportunity. Then we have to remember Bacuna's champions league claims, laughing at fans after a poor performance at League 2 Wycombe, Lescott's twitter account and the incident where himself and Guzan reportedly told fans to 'f*ck off'. Grealish wore a different shirt during warming up and had a night out after losing to Everton.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AnneMc said:

It's being reported that Di Matteo has joined the race to sign unattached Hal Robson-Kanu.

and Robbie Brady

fliegetn0.gif

15 hours ago, Karl said:

Correct me if I am wrong but in another argument you state that Veretout is a decent player and was hindered by those players ahead of him. What's the difference? Your idea that there was more to it is purely speculation.

Again, I agree that he shouldn't have worn a different shirt but it isn't the end of the world and doesn't imply a lack of discipline; a lack of leadership from the manager and senior players maybe to allow that to happen. On that point, I also don't agree with players arriving at away fixtures and getting off the coach with big headphones on. Looks completely unprofessional and tacky to say the least but I have never seen anyone discuss that.

Regarding him being given opportunities last season - he started 7 league games. To put that into perspective Bacuna started 27 including 10 of those in midfield (taken from WhoScored.com). That is before mentioning Lescott and Guzan. Again, you could speculate that all three could have started more due to Grealish's 'attitude' but the simple fact was that all three were repeatedly poor and given opportunity after opportunity. Then we have to remember Bacuna's champions league claims, laughing at fans after a poor performance at League 2 Wycombe, Lescott's twitter account and the incident where himself and Guzan reportedly told fans to 'f*ck off'. Grealish wore a different shirt during warming up and had a night out after losing to Everton.

The difference is that Vertout had no disciplinary problems and if you read my recent posts in context I did not state that Jack is a poor player or excused his performances by players not being good enough around him. I was merely suggesting in answering your post which you had stated the above that it couldn't be ruled out entirely even though I didn't agree with it.

There were however several reports in the media which you've mentioned that Jack did indeed suffer from disciplinary problems which answered queries by fans as to why he wasn't playing more when we needed him the most particularly under Garde. It would certainly go a long way to explain the limited number of games played.

Consequently I would say it's more than a little harsh to suggest that criticism directed against Grealish for poor attitude or misbehaviour isn't warranted.

Even the most ardent fan imo must stay objective.

We will be linked every Tom dIck and Harry over the next 2 months..

They will announce one or 2 names a day.

Names of players we are supposedly after that is. 

90 per cent of the names linked will be bullshit 

fliegetn0.gif

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

We will be linked every Tom dIck and Harry over the next 2 months..

They will announce one or 2 names a day.

Names of players we are supposedly after that is. 

90 per cent of the names linked will be bullshit 

Spot on, Patrick. That is why I usually only post the officially confirmed transfer from the Club website.

There is no harm posting about possible transfers of course, but they are all just speculation, or from a wish-list ... either in or out ... of which AVFC has several, especially the latter !

AVFC RFC SAFC

• avstu unpinned this topic

Archived