FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Morpheus

2 hours ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

I think so too. Be nice to have Gana anchoring our midfield, Jack as our attacking midfielder with Veretout as one of our others in the engine room. Think he and our other creative players like Jack and co were let down by a lack of quality in front of them to work with. 

I honestly see Vertout as a more attacking outlet rather than a busy midfielder. Really not sure about Grealish as he had a p*ss poor attitude last season and if the right offer came in I'd snap their hand off. I would much prefer Derby's Hendrick.

I'd like us to buy a real physical combative midfielder which we've lacked in our team for some considerable time now. Sanchez and Westwood are just too lightweight for that role and neither are good enough Imo. Gana is very good at breaking up play but I feel we still need someone more physical and combative to create a better balance in midfield.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veretout is a good attacking midfielder if given the outlets and the players that create space up front, he's also a pretty good set piece taker if given the chance.  Our main problem up front is apart from Ayew most of it was static or Gabby doing runs to nowhere just to look good.

Westwood shouldn't even be allowed a dead ball situation in my opinion as he's useless at them. Grealish 'could' become a great player if he gets his head in order and starts putting a shift in attack AND DEFENCE and just because he supports Villa means ZIP.  Gabby is a prime example of so called Villa supporters and effort.

Going to be an interesting summer window! looking forward to a few new faces coming into our Club.

As for the outgoings..i dont care, f*ck em, if you want to leave then farewell and dont let the door hit you on the way out

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

10 minutes ago, Loyalvillan said:

Going to be an interesting summer window! looking forward to a few new faces coming into our Club.

As for the outgoings..i dont care, f*ck em, if you want to leave then farewell and dont let the door hit you on the way out

Totally agree, Loyal ... Loyal players are what is required for AVFC, so if any do not want to stay, then get rid. Get rid too of those who just see the Club as a meal ticket. We require players who want to play for the Club and want to play for the Shirt. The only other criterion is that they are good enough to play for AVFC, to EPL standards. The Championship must be approached as a one-season one-off.

AVFC RFC SAFC

10 hours ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

I think so too. Be nice to have Gana anchoring our midfield, Jack as our attacking midfielder with Veretout as one of our others in the engine room. Think he and our other creative players like Jack and co were let down by a lack of quality in front of them to work with. 

Gana is shite. He can win a ball no doubt but he cant play football. He was signed on his stats for winning tackles.............no good if your losing it the next moment. 

Don't agree mate, as a defensive midfielder I think he's a good tackler and ball winner, just nowhere near as effective going forward and no idea why he was continually played in a more advanced role. Fair chance he won't even be here this season anyway so probably doesn't matter. 

21 hours ago, Zeewulf said:

Grealish 'could' become a great player if he gets his head in order and starts putting a shift in attack AND DEFENCE and just because he supports Villa means ZIP.  Gabby is a prime example of so called Villa supporters and effort.

Looks like Grealish is staying.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/roberto-di-matteo-future-jack-11492663?

Personally I thought his attitude last season was rank even to the extent of wearing a different shirt to everyone else in the warm ups before games. That should have been cracked down upon when he did it the first time but wasn't. Reminds me of Berahino at WBA.

I also think he's a legend in his own mind (thinking he's better than he really is) like Gabby. Simply imo doesn't produce nearly enough to warrant an attitude like that.

However if we were to get a bid of around 6m-8m for him I wouldn't be adverse to selling him. No room anymore for a player with a bad attitude at the club.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Looks like Grealish is staying.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/roberto-di-matteo-future-jack-11492663?

Personally I thought his attitude last season was rank even to the extent of wearing a different shirt to everyone else in the warm ups before games. That should have been cracked down upon when he did it the first time but wasn't. Reminds me of Berahino at WBA.

I also think he's a legend in his own mind (thinking he's better than he really is) like Gabby. Simply imo doesn't produce nearly enough to warrant an attitude like that.

However if we were to get a bid of around 6m-8m for him I wouldn't be adverse to selling him. No room anymore for a player with a bad attitude at the club.

I've seen you post this about Jack's 'attitude' a few times now and I don't feel it is warranted at all. I agree he made some poor decisions off the pitch last season but actually don't think they would have been discussed had Villa been performing on it. He is young and will learn from those mistakes no doubt.

Regarding his 'attitude', I have not seen a manager have a bad word to say about him. All I have seen is positive things regarding his work rate in training and preparing for matches. To suggest he thinks he is a "legend in his own mind" is completely unsubstantiated and unfair on a young player.

While I agree that he hasn't produced nearly enough yet, he is still young and learning his trade within a very poor side with little to no attacking movement or threat. We seem to have a new manager almost every other week which has no doubt hindered his progression. He got a run of games towards the end of the season before last and produced his best form playing with a forward who was looking for the ball. He linked up well and received high praise for that. Last season he was held back by firstly injuries and secondly the loss of a decent forward. When he did get time on the pitch he was resorted to going backwards due to the lack of movement from the forwards and them seemingly being scared of receiving the ball. 

I am not saying that Jack is anywhere near a completed player. He is young and still learning his trade within the game which has been made more difficult by a lack of consistency within the Villa setup. I just feel he is attacked far more because he is a Villa fan than is actually warranted. A season in the championship within a hopefully more stable setup will do him the world of good.

3 hours ago, Karl said:

I've seen you post this about Jack's 'attitude' a few times now and I don't feel it is warranted at all. I agree he made some poor decisions off the pitch last season but actually don't think they would have been discussed had Villa been performing on it. He is young and will learn from those mistakes no doubt.

Regarding his 'attitude', I have not seen a manager have a bad word to say about him. All I have seen is positive things regarding his work rate in training and preparing for matches. To suggest he thinks he is a "legend in his own mind" is completely unsubstantiated and unfair on a young player.

While I agree that he hasn't produced nearly enough yet, he is still young and learning his trade within a very poor side with little to no attacking movement or threat. We seem to have a new manager almost every other week which has no doubt hindered his progression. He got a run of games towards the end of the season before last and produced his best form playing with a forward who was looking for the ball. He linked up well and received high praise for that. Last season he was held back by firstly injuries and secondly the loss of a decent forward. When he did get time on the pitch he was resorted to going backwards due to the lack of movement from the forwards and them seemingly being scared of receiving the ball. 

I am not saying that Jack is anywhere near a completed player. He is young and still learning his trade within the game which has been made more difficult by a lack of consistency within the Villa setup. I just feel he is attacked far more because he is a Villa fan than is actually warranted. A season in the championship within a hopefully more stable setup will do him the world of good.

That is certainly one opinion but three managers last season gave Grealish opportunities to play and he was poor.

You could argue that was indeed caused by injuries, different managers or not having the right quality around him but I think periods of non selection were due to more than that especially under Garde. I would also add that very few managers would single out a player for criticism in public for obvious reasons.

Furthermore I don't think it promotes unity in a team fighting relegation when one player in a warm up is wearing something completely different than the others, especially a young player. It shows a total lack of discipline and a big billy bollox attitude which was picked up on by punditry.

However it might well be that Grealish under RDM and Clarke will show a more mature attitude on and off the pitch this season producing better performances but if he doesn't he will not get away with the same antics and may find himself cast out again for much of the season hence my suggestion in selling him for the right price.

• avstu unpinned this topic

Archived