FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Delph Joins Man City

Loyalvillan

Let's just say this rumoured clause is correct.

Delph has been part of a team which has battled relegation over the past three seasons. Just think about that. Now I'm not saying those relegation battles can be solely attributed to Delph but he has been an important cog in that team nevertheless considering his injuries of course.

He doesn't score many goals, he is not exactly a creator either and he does give the ball away in important areas of the pitch. He is also very one footed. Personally I feel he has stood out in our midfield only because it has been one of the poorest Aston Villa midfields in a very long time. Yes he has become an international player but presently England are suffering from a real dearth of quality all over the pitch.

In the present inflated transfer market for English players a valuation of 10m is low but if it does come to pass that he leaves us then Dembele is every bit as good as Delph and arguably would make us better through the middle.

Consequently if we do lose both Benteke and Delph for a sum of around 40m I sincerely believe given all of that to spend, Sherwood will make us a far stronger team.

£40m from sales plus at least £25m already budgeted for transfers would give Sherwood the tools to bring in some quality players .

We need at least another 6 in my opinion.

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morph sometimes you speak with so much wisdom. I totally agree with you. Delph is not as good as some people make out. Bring in some new blood.

Thanks mate for the kind words. I will of course send that £5 we agreed on in the post lol.

£40m from sales plus at least £25m already budgeted for transfers would give Sherwood the tools to bring in some quality players .

We need at least another 6 in my opinion.

Agreed but attracting that quality might be difficult although a fit Richards and the subsequent signing of Berkovic might just send the message out that Villa are finally shrugging off the cobwebs by showing ambition in the transfer market?

I would be very cautious about selling our best players and the effects it would have. WE can't even be sure Sherwood would be allowed spend 40 or 50 million even if he raises it from player sales.

It will be very hard to attract quality players when our best are leaving and more likely it will be further gambles from abroad and the lower leagues.

We can't continually send out the signal that we sell the minute a player shows some promise. Benteke and Delph are without a doubt two of our best players but still have a lot to prove before they are considered really top players. The continued sale of our best assets leaves us in a constant state of rebuilding.

Furthermore Sherwood is unproven and though I am pleased with his business so far we just can't judge yet how he will perform in the transfer market or if he can attract the players he wants here..

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Agreed but attracting that quality might be difficult although a fit Richards and the subsequent signing of Berkovic might just send the message out that Villa are finally shrugging off the cobwebs by showing ambition in the transfer market?

I think Sherwood and Wilkins are smooth talkers and more amiable than the mumbling fool who preceded them - I think they will sell the dream to incoming players .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Archived