FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Kinsella Signs New One Year Deal.

avstu

Lewis Kinsella is set to continue his claret and blue stay - by signing a new deal with Villa.

Kinsella will pen a one-year deal in the next few weeks to extend his time in B6.

The 20-year-old left-back joined Villa from Arsenal as a young academy graduate in 2011 and has progressed through the youth levels.

Kinsella joined in training with the first team soon after Tim Sherwood's arrival and the Watford-born defender was in and around the squad for the games against Newcastle and West Brom.

He was an unused sub for games against the Baggies in the FA Cup, Sunderland and Swansea.

He was drafted in on matchdays due to the injuries of recognised left-backs Aly Cissokho and Kieran Richardson.

Sherwood, speaking after bringing him into the reckoning, said: "Lewis has done well.

"He is a player you recognise on the pitch. For a young boy he's not shy.

"I know his name. Sometimes you see kids and I've been at the club for a year and I still don't know their name and they've trained with us 100 times.

"That isn't what I'm looking for."

Kinsella was buzzing after being brought into the senior set-up under Sherwood.

Scholars Anes Omerovic, Joonas Sundman, Moustafa Zeidan, Charlie Bannister, Rory Hale, Harry McKirdy are all set to sign their first professional contracts with the club.

Riccardo Calder, Henry Cowans, Tom Leggett, Jerrell Sellars, Benjamin Siegrist, Ben Swift,Brad Watkins, Josh Webb are all signing contract extensions.

Niall Mason is joining us as a professional player after being released by Southampton.

Liam Bateman is signing a monthly contract with us.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Archived