FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish Football Thread 2014/15

Loyalvillan

celtic have been drawn against RK reykjavic from iceland should be easy enough (i hope) lol

1st Leg - 15th-16th July

2nd Leg - 22nd-23rd July

its a f**cking joke we have to play 3 qualifiers,this shite makes a complete mockery of the ''CHAMPIONS'' league, ffs there is teams that finish 3rd/4th in the 4 top leagues that dont have this,uefa are pandering to the top/rich leagues they dont care about the spl, or other leagues outside england/germany/italy or spain

it should be for champions only from each nation,the CL is becoming so predictable every yr

Those teams have a tougher schedule, Scottish League has one team at the moment seeing how the Almighty Hearts are in the second tier now. :tung2rp:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Dimitri on this qualification business, as I posted last year :

#209356 The SPL Thread
Posted by Larry-AV on 23/07/2013, 4 minutes ago in Footie Talk

I agree with Pirlo's point : 'As Champions, they should not need to qualify'.
It is supposed to be a 'Champions League', after all.
If they want to include also-rans, make them qualify, irrespective of Country.
Better still, return it to the knock-out competition which Aston Villa and Celtic won
- as League Champions.

AVFC RFC SAFC

I put more stock in finishing 4th in the PL than I do winning the SPL. I'm not even sure there is a argument otherwise. :what:

Those teams have a tougher schedule, Scottish League has one team at the moment seeing how the Almighty Hearts are in the second tier now. :tung2rp:

we can only play or wipe the floor with, whos infront of us im afraid,...double.png

seriously the scottish league used to be competitive once upon a time

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

I agree with Dimitri on this qualification business, as I posted last year :

#209356 The SPL Thread

Posted by Larry-AV on 23/07/2013, 4 minutes ago in Footie Talk

I agree with Pirlo's point : 'As Champions, they should not need to qualify'.

It is supposed to be a 'Champions League', after all.

If they want to include also-rans, make them qualify, irrespective of Country.

Better still, return it to the knock-out competition which Aston Villa and Celtic won

- as League Champions.

i agree larry,..here is pirlo's quote regarding celtic's qualification after they(juventus) knocked us out in the last 16

“They belong in the Champions League. It is not just the quality of player they have but everything they represent as a club.

“Their history, their fans, the stadium – it’s clubs like this that make the Champions League great.”

Pirlo also feels there’s no reason why Celtic can’t go one better and reach the last eight.

But he reckons if they have any grand ambitions for next season they will need to keep their squad intact, with the likes of Victor Wanyama and Gary Hooper attracting attention.

I put more stock in finishing 4th in the PL than I do winning the SPL. I'm not even sure there is a argument otherwise. :what:

it might seem more of an acheivment to some finishing 4th in the PL because its competitive unlike scottish football these days,but ask the players would they rather lift something at the end of it & with a winners medal to show for their efforts no matter what league they play in no one remembers runners up,only winners,..

If a club is the champions of their league they should be in the champions league end of. Just because UEFA want 2 or 3 teams from certain leagues to generate money from TV companies etc then the teams that are 2nd or 3rd should have to play qualification games to get in the champions league as they are not champions.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

petrofac training cup,formely known as the ramsdens cup are the new sponsers of the ''challenge cup''...which only involves scottish clubs of the lower div's....1d to d3 also champions of junior leagues(brora & spartans) get a chance aswell to compete

its similiar to englands johnstones paints trophy competiton if ye get my drift

full draw

arbroath v alloa
east fife v forfar
montrose v peterhead
elgin v stirling albion
dunfermline v raith rovers
cowdenbeath v brechin
east sirlingshire v falkirk
brora rangers v stenhousemuir
queens park v berwick rangers
rangers v hibs
stranraer v dumbarton
hearts v annan
airdrie v albion rovers
queen of the south v livingston
morton v spartans
clyde v ayr utd
good tie between dunfermline & raith...fife derby

petrofac training cup,formely known as the ramsdens cup are the new sponsers ob the ''challenge cup''...which only involves scottish clubs of the lower div's....1d to d3 also champions of junior leagues get a chance aswell to compete its similiar to englands johnstones paints trophy competiton if ye get my drift full draw arbroath v alloa east fife v forfar montrose v peterhead elgin v stirling albion dunfermline v raith rovers cowdenbeath v brechin east sirlingshire v falkirk brora rangers v stenhousemuir queens park v berwick rangers rangers v hibs stranraer v dunbarton hearts v annan airdrie v albion rovers queen of the south v livingston morton v spartans clyde v ayr utd good tie between dunfermline & raith...fife derby
Rangers v Hibs nice

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Scottish Challenge Cup - Dimitri beat me to it, but what the heck; I've been at the cricket today.

Rangers FC - Gers Draw Hibs In Challenge Cup

The Scottish Challenge Cup (new sponsor 'Petrofac') will feature clubs from the Scottish Championship, Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2 plus Brora Rangers from the Highland League and Spartans from the Lowland League as champions of their respective divisions.

The draw at this stage is regionalised with ties scheduled for Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th July.

Rangers’ tie will be postponed as a result of Glasgow 2014 and will be re-scheduled for an alternative date to be confirmed by the SPFL.

Skysports - Hibernian will travel to Ibrox to face Rangers in the first round of the Challenge Cup

Northern section: (alpha sorted)

Arbroath v Alloa Athletic
Brora Rangers v Stenhousemuir
Cowdenbeath v Brechin City
Dunfermline v Raith Rovers
East Fife v Forfar Athletic
East Stirlingshire v Falkirk
Elgin City v Stirling Albion
Montrose v Peterhead

Southern section: (alpha sorted)

Airdrie v Albion Rovers
Clyde v Ayr United