FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer Transfer Talk '14

avstu

Unless we get taken over these kinds of signings will never happen.

Chicarito, holtby, Sinclair, ince, zaha, ward-prowse, song, Lescott, Barry, clyne - all players I'd look at if we got taken over

That lot are a big improvement on what we have but a club of our size should be buying players like that without a rich owner backing us.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ste name=Skyba" post="253581" timestamp="1399025012] It's obvious if you can't see it you're just using a hatred of lambert as a bias. Lerner owns the club and himself has said was working under parameters set by him. No manager in the world would get rid of prem players an replace then with bargain basement players without being instructed to. Deny that this is the fact and you're denying that Lerner wants to cut costs, the only way we were cutting costs was to get rid of the high earners.

newcomer.png

It's obvious if you can't see it you're just using a hatred of lambert as a bias.

Lerner owns the club and himself has said was working under parameters set by him. No manager in the world would get rid of prem players an replace then with bargain basement players without being instructed to.

Deny that this is the fact and you're denying that Lerner wants to cut costs, the only way we were cutting costs was to get rid of the high earners.

N'Zogbia, Given, Bent, Hutton, Ireland (1.5 seasons). Please explain to me how we are cutting costs by simply shutting these players out? Paying their wages (or majority) and then not playing them meaning that their value decreases causing even more losses. I'm not denying that Lerner wants to cut back but if he allowed that to happen to these players then you are suggesting that he is an extremely poor businessman. I can't comment on whether he is or not.

Talking of the bomb squad, has Lambert actually sold anyone from this? Other than Ireland, a year and half too late. Just asking because it isn't Lerner's decision to keep paying these high wages (especially as he wants to cut back so much) and not utilise these players, players I may add that could improve us.

In today's paper it said we had £20 million to spend in the summer, wow.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

I spend that in a summer lol
It won't pay the paper bill !!!!

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

N'Zogbia, Given, Bent, Hutton, Ireland (1.5 seasons). Please explain to me how we are cutting costs by simply shutting these players out? Paying their wages (or majority) and then not playing them meaning that their value decreases causing even more losses. I'm not denying that Lerner wants to cut back but if he allowed that to happen to these players then you are suggesting that he is an extremely poor businessman. I can't comment on whether he is or not.

Talking of the bomb squad, has Lambert actually sold anyone from this? Other than Ireland, a year and half too late. Just asking because it isn't Lerner's decision to keep paying these high wages (especially as he wants to cut back so much) and not utilise these players, players I may add that could improve us.

Lambert has to try and take the team forward without these players as the owner wants to sell them, what's the point in him playing them? Nzogbia is injured given was player but it was clear he wasn't as good as guzan so why keep him behind closed doors when he can go on loan Hutton likewise, bent he tried to use him and now he's on loan apparently Fulham are covering his wage and Ireland was the same as bent almost.

There has to be a balance between taking the club forward for the future which was the plan, even though it's not worked it was the plan, playing player who ARE going to get sold at some point is only going to stunt the growth. Whether you agree with the plan or not it's part of lerners plan to cut costs.

We will never agree on anything so it's pointless but IMO it's Lerners plan to get rid of the high earners and lambert is just putting that plan into place, we were never going to get what we paid for the players you mentioned so damage limitation is getting the wages off the books.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

[ste name=Skyba" post="253581" timestamp="1399025012]

It's obvious if you can't see it you're just using a hatred of lambert as a bias.

Lerner owns the club and himself has said was working under parameters set by him. No manager in the world would get rid of prem players an replace then with bargain basement players without being instructed to.

Deny that this is the fact and you're denying that Lerner wants to cut costs, the only way we were cutting costs was to get rid of the high earners.

Stop talkin sense.. I had to log onto my phone to plus 1 you. Skyba. Sometimes you do my head in but logging in on my phone is a new level.!

Spot on mate +1

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Stop talkin sense.. I had to log onto my phone to plus 1 you. Skyba. Sometimes you do my head in but logging in on my phone is a new level.! Spot on mate +1
Bit of a back handed compliment but I'll take it lol. Love to know why I do your head in though lol :confused:

image.png

any transfer talk is a mute point until our EPL (just for you Gaz! lol) status is confirmed

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived