FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer Transfer Talk '14

avstu

Lambert is out of his depth! He signing players he would have signed at Norwich fact! He doesn't have any contacts to any big named players!

PL had big name players at Villa when he arrived, he either sold them, loaned them out or put them in the bomb squad, every single one.

He can't handle big name players, and what BIG name players would look at the shower of shite Villa is at present, and say please can i sign for you?

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the press today:

Paul Lambert says he wants to bring in bigger name players to steer Aston Villa back to the top. Premier League stars Javier Hernandez, Joleon Lescott and Lewis Holtby are all on Lambert¹s wish list for the summer. And the Villa boss confirmed that's the sort of market the club now need to explore to end four seasons of struggle. Lambert said: "A club of this size needs players of that kind of calibre."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Unless we get taken over these kinds of signings will never happen.

Chicarito, holtby, Sinclair, ince, zaha, ward-prowse, song, Lescott, Barry, clyne - all players I'd look at if we got taken over

mzjj.jpg

Unless we get taken over these kinds of signings will never happen.

Chicarito, holtby, Sinclair, ince, zaha, ward-prowse, song, Lescott, Barry, clyne - all players I'd look at if we got taken over

Lerner could always decide to reinvest..............

a little.

PL had big name players at Villa when he arrived, he either sold them, loaned them out or put them in the bomb squad, every single one.

He can't handle big name players, and what BIG name players would look at the shower of shite Villa is at present, and say please can i sign for you?

Right I understand people criticising his tactics and some of his signings whether you believe it's due to contraints or not, but it is beyond me how people can't see that selling the high earners and creating a bomb squad was the orders from above, we could have had any manager in the world take over and those exact same players would have all been treated the same because Lerner wanted them gone due to cost.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Right I understand people criticising his tactics and some of his signings whether you believe it's due to contraints or not, but it is beyond me how people can't see that selling the high earners and creating a bomb squad was the orders from above, we could have had any manager in the world take over and those exact same players would have all been treated the same because Lerner wanted them gone due to cost.

And you know this as a fact, or an assumption on your part?

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

And you know this as a fact, or an assumption on your part?

It's obvious if you can't see it you're just using a hatred of lambert as a bias.

Lerner owns the club and himself has said was working under parameters set by him. No manager in the world would get rid of prem players an replace then with bargain basement players without being instructed to.

Deny that this is the fact and you're denying that Lerner wants to cut costs, the only way we were cutting costs was to get rid of the high earners.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Thats how i see it skyba, people can ( and do ) level all sorts of criticism at Lambert but the treatment of the senior pros has lerners prints all over it. We can't prove it as fact but when you weigh up all the circumstantial evidence it is the obvious conclusion that this is down to lerner.

Archived