FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Benefits Street

morerattled

I think in Ireland it is means tested, in the UK dla is not

people on benefits are demonized. the government has been successful in painting a negative picture and the issue as a massive problem, while other more significant ares are ignored like tax avoidance

IMO it should be means tested but not harshly it should rule out people that have got loads of cash, I've seen a free tax disc on a brand new Porsche 911 gt3

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter

so many claimants suffer and have their benefits reduced while the problem of fraud is relatively small. I understand money needs to be found to reduce debt. plenty of other areas to exploit before so

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

just to give u an example, i live in by no means a posh area outside of dublin. 1 bed appartment. rent before anythin else added on top is 800 euro a month. if i was on the dole, they would give me 220 euro to cover my rent per month, also to get this payment u would have to be unemployed and be living in that flat for 6 months before they even look at u paying the rent out of the 188 u quoted u get per week. 20 quid a week to cover electricity, and heating, u can apply for free health care but theres only a % which im unsure of that get it a year. resulting in if u dont have it. a visit to the doc is 70 euro and thats with no prescription if u need anythin from the chemist.

so if u want phone, internet, car, tv. this as far as i know isnt covered, phone and tv have been in the past if ur a pensioner

newcomer.png

The problem is that the Tories would have you believe that everyone on a benefit is exactly the same way.

Reality is that 90% of people on benefits are hard working people on a low income, the type of people the Tories and libs have been pretending to support but they sill keep cutting their benefit to the point where they can't afford to live. Fact of the matter is there's aren't enough well paid job for everyone to have so something needs to happen, either they stop cutting benefits or they make big companies like tesco and asda pay a living wage because their share holders are the real recipients of working tax credit

Steve b the problem isn't benefits being too high it's wages being too low, cost of living is too high also. Someone having a tv isn't a luxury, you can pick up a flat screen tv for £50 these days

90% I beg to differ, I live in an area where benefit fraud is everywhere, people claiming job seekers then constantly doing foreigners without any intention of working, notching up the children so they can claim more it's disgusting.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

She would get more for being a single mother and sick but wouldn't get electricity or fuel paid for unless she had a hospital appointment she could claim the fuel back but it's nothing compared to what you actually pay out in fuel and it's a ball ache to get and the department in the hospital is usually closed by the time you leave the hospital so you can't get it lol

catch 22 lol

newcomer.png

90% I beg to differ, I live in an area where benefit fraud is everywhere, people claiming job seekers then constantly doing foreigners without any intention of working, notching up the children so they can claim more it's disgusting.

Differ as much as you like, I don't know the exact figure but it's around the 80-90% mark which means if you take all the people who are on a benefit 80-90% are on working tax credits so a large majority of benefit claimants are working and having their income subsidised.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

the fraudulent claims should be punished, but not at the expense of genuine claimants. trimming the amount on housing benefit is sensible if applied properly, trouble is all the houses have been sold off and not enough council houses are available so people in need of houses move over to private landlords and the council foot the bill for high private rent. not sure what the solution is in this area tbh. the government has choice in which areas it can be more agressive in saving money and they choose the benefits system to be abused with the blessing of more and more people

some people work the system well, the answer is not to punish the majority

I pressed to view your posts on here Morerattled as you speak sense when it comes to these things.

Is this a break through for you guys lol

This GIF of Delph has been removed due to him being a JUDAS b**tard!!!!!!

the fraudulent claims should be punished, but not at the expense of genuine claimants. trimming the amount on housing benefit is sensible if applied properly, trouble is all the houses have been sold off and not enough council houses are available so people in need of houses move over to private landlords and the council foot the bill for high private rent. not sure what the solution is in this area tbh. the government has choice in which areas it can be more regressive in saving money and they choose the benefits system to be abused with the blessing of more and more people

some people work the system well, the answer is not to punish the majority

The people who work the benefit system the best are the shareholders of huge corporations paying minimum wage.

And I agree someone who's playing the system should be punished as it takes away from people who need it, problem is the current lot will put blanket punishments on everyone instead of looking for the people who need to be punished.

Also they need I help people get off of benefit,

I went from being on benefit to working and due to a couple miss calculations with my housing benefit and council tax benefit I unknowingly racked up a £2000 debt which I am now having to pay off.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Is this a break through for you guys lol

Lol, Morerattled knows I will talk with him all day on politics as we agree whole heartedly

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived