FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of the season. I don't agree with all of the negativity around signing Holt. He is backup. If Benteke goes on a roll and stays fit, he will purely be a backup player. 2 seasons ago he scored a balls load of goals for norwich in the Prem. the next year he still scored 8 goals in the Prem. He is someone to spring from the bench, and he is on loan, so didn't cost us a fortune. If he chips in with 4 or 5 goals for the rest of the season, and is a good influence around the dressing room, then he's done his job. we'll see.........

couldnt of put it better myself. +1

newcomer.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of

I really dont mind getting beat by Arsenal or any one else,(Ive accepted the losses under PL)but as long as we have HEART-FIGHT-PASSION and give it a DAMN good go!!! but that just isnt the case.Hopefu

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of the season. I don't agree with all of the negativity around signing Holt. He is backup. If Benteke goes on a roll and stays fit, he will purely be a backup player. 2 seasons ago he scored a balls load of goals for norwich in the Prem. the next year he still scored 8 goals in the Prem. He is someone to spring from the bench, and he is on loan, so didn't cost us a fortune. If he chips in with 4 or 5 goals for the rest of the season, and is a good influence around the dressing room, then he's done his job. we'll see.........

Top man

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

100% this. people are already criticizing him before he has put the shirt on.

Damn good read actually and yes some very good positive points. Nice work mate.

Holt will have the support of the fans regardless of the jokes and more serious criticisms bouncing around. No pun intended.

I think we were looking for a new messiah this January and the reaction has been for that reason. When I read your post it makes more sense. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the transfer window performance thus far thou because I'm not.

Anyway once again top post.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Damn good read actually and yes some very good positive points. Nice work mate.

Holt will have the support of the fans regardless of the jokes and more serious criticisms bouncing around. No pun intended.

I think we were looking for a new messiah this January and the reaction has been for that reason. When I read your post it makes more sense. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the transfer window performance thus far thou because I'm not.

Anyway once again top post.

Here here, and yup a good well thought out post killer,

rest assured i firmly believe that once Grantee dons The Claret and Blue he will solidly be backed by the faithful, he sure will by me,in fact i am really looking forward to seeing the lad in our colours he is of the old school very reminiscent of Andy Lockhead and Sammy Morgan a hustling bustling Number 9, who knows how to GIVE and take a knock--in fact he brings to the C.F role what J.T. brings to the centre back berth,and i reckon Big Christian will learn a lot from Grant Holt coz he aint quite mastered the art, off the ball,required in the prem. of a number 9, them thats played the great game or indeed watched the aforementioned Holte End heroes will know where i,m coming from--lol

Holt was a leader at Carrow Rd and i,m sure he can be again-----both on an off the field, he will bring much needed experience to our young lions, its just amazed me how long its taken for this need to be recognised and rectified,----

i was in the front row against Norwich laast season and watched Holt tease and torment our central defenders, leading them a merry dance with no recrimination,

so at the end of the day ----no offence is meant to Grant Holt whatsoever, he will be for a short period one of our" family" ----playing for our great club,and thats all that matters, i wish the lad the very best of luck,

what disappoints me is the magnitude, to date of our plunge into the market,-- when i imagine 99% of Villa fans and indeed lambeert himself acknowledges that a playmaking creative --"number 10" is vastly needed,----still the window is open for 16 1/2+more days----and anything could happen,

Be loud Be proud ----BE VILLA---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

It makes me laugh the amount of people who slagged holt off yesterday and are now agreeing its a good deal just cover for kozak.

As far as I have read it was only me, rawly and loyal who were ok with the deal.

All those who have slagged him and now welcome him. .........

Hang your head in shame and have the courage of your convictions.

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

It makes me laugh the amount of people who slagged holt off yesterday and are now agreeing its a good deal just cover for kozak.

As far as I have read it was only me, rawly and loyal who were ok with the deal.

I always welcomed Holt!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

It makes me laugh the amount of people who slagged holt off yesterday and are now agreeing its a good deal just cover for kozak. As far as I have read it was only me, rawly and loyal who were ok with the deal. All those who have slagged him and now welcome him. ......... Hang your head in shame and have the courage of your convictions.
I still think it's a waste of money.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

lol i wouldnt batter an eyelid if we sent him back to wigan in the morn. i dont like the style of player he is its that simple. though i can say that i welcome him to the club and not see him as a player i really want there at the same time. other than agree with a welcoming post that someone wrote about him, 2 goals for wigan in 16 games and expecting lambert to work wonders with him is not my idea of belief

newcomer.png

Archived