West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Baker

Sylla Westwood Delph

Weimann Tonev

Benteke

I reakon something similar. Would be surprised if KEA starts ahead of Sylla. Game could be lost in midfield as Diame, Nolan and Noble link up much better than our three in the middle.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I reakon something similar. Would be surprised if KEA starts ahead of Sylla. Game could be lost in midfield as Diame, Nolan and Noble link up much better than our three in the middle.

think most of us have been surprised this has happened in a lot of games

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

think most of us have been surprised this has happened in a lot of games

TBH I think KEA has looked better this season in some games, but is non existant in others. I would say drop Westwood for Sylla but I felt Westwood looked better last weekend even if he isnt back to his best.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Apparently Villa are playing in the lime 3rd kit today!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Apparently Villa are playing in the lime 3rd kit today!

Yeah Faulkner confirmed it a few weeks ago as he said both our home and away kit would clash with West Ham's home kit.

Mellberg_Signature.png

West Ham Team: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Rat, Tomkins, Reid, Noble, Collison, Nolan ©, Downing, Jarvis, Morrison. subs: Adrian, O'Brien, Potts, J.Cole, Diame, Maiga, C.Cole

Matt Lowton and Yacouba Sylla start

Mellberg_Signature.png

Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Bacuna, Vlaar [c], Clark, Baker, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Sylla, Weimann, Benteke. subs: Steer, Helenius, Herd, Bowery, Tonev, Kozak, Johnson

Mellberg_Signature.png

Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Bacuna, Vlaar [c], Clark, Baker, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Sylla, Weimann, Benteke. subs: Steer, Helenius, Herd, Bowery, Tonev, Kozak, Johnson

Missing Luna, Delph and Agbonlahor. But nice seeing Johnson being given a chance.

Archived