West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

Hahahha. What happened to the " lovely old ground " lol

I know! Do like the old grounds, they have a "soul"....but wouldn't want to get out of that stand in a hurry!!!!!

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

But it was at that time 18m well spent, Bent kept us up with his goals.

Bent bailed us out but it was partly down to Houllier's poor management that got us into that mess as I said with a better squad than Lambert has had to start with. Lambert struggled last season but he eventually got us out of the mire by hardwork. I'm not saying Lambert is perfect, no person/manager is but I can see we are heading in the right direction under Lambert so we need to stick with it!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

In Particular KEA looked lost today. it felt like we had no midfield today. some basic elements need fixing: passing accuracy in the middle and final 3rd off the ball running Use of the wings and overlaps. Anyway not a negative post, just voicing a bit of concern. I hope everyone is back fit so PL can have a good push at the next lot of fixtures and restore confidence.
Agree 100% with this. KEA is very wasteful, hits poor passes a lot and bad options when he does hit the target. Westwood I find only average as well to be honest. Delph and Sylla should be our first two for mine and we badly need a creative number 10 to play in front of them. Lowton could replace Weimann while injured as our wider midfielder to see how he fares?

Agree 100% with this. KEA is very wasteful, hits poor passes a lot and bad options when he does hit the target. Westwood I find only average as well to be honest. Delph and Sylla should be our first two for mine and we badly need a creative number 10 to play in front of them. Lowton could replace Weimann while injured as our wider midfielder to see how he fares?

Odd you say that. I though when I first saw him he would end up in midfield. He is very much in the same vein as Gaz Baz, start in defence move to midfield. Hes got an intelligent streak about him. I would like to see him played there more often.

i agree with you on the Delph and Sylla front aswell, a lot of people don't like Sylla, he's there to do a job and he does it. I think Tonev should be given a go in the middle of three attacking midfielders, that number 10 role if you will.

Archived